Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    DIY Speer
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings

CLOSED: Cinch Buckle Group Buy

Anybody interested in getting a small group buy together for the cinch buckles from OnRope1?
    http://www.onrope1.com/store/index.p...d=118&parent=4

It looks like the shipping is the same whether you buy 5 or 50 so it might be worth it. Also, we could look into whether they would give us a quantity discount.

Any takers?

---UPDATE:
    The group buy is now a direct buy with a nice discount on shipping.

OnRope1 will accept orders with a minimum of 4 cinch buckles and will ship them out via Priority Mail for $5 S/H (as long as it's under 1 lb).

Mention Hammock Forums in the gift comment section of the order form and you should be all set. That is also where you should mention that you only want 4 since the website won't allow you to order less than 5.

They will email a final invoice when they ship your order so don't worry when it looks like you're getting charged more for UPS Ground.
    Last edited by angrysparrow; 08-19-2008 at 22:59. Reason: added update, per request

Quote Originally Posted by BeansBaxter View Post
    Anybody interested in getting a small group buy together for the cinch buckles from OnRope1?

It looks like the shipping is the same whether you buy 5 or 50 so it might be worth it. Also, we could look into whether they would give us a quantity discount.

Any takers?
    Count me in.

Hammock
    DIY Speer
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    For anybody interested, it looks like shipping for a small quantity (2-4) would be around $3 by first class mail and larger quantities would be $4 or $5.

Final cost for each buckle would depend on the total quantity ordered and any discount from OnRope1. I'd hope that an order of 4 would come in under $17 (incl. shipping) which would be more than $4 less than the OnRope1 price for that quantity shipped.

If you're interested, PM me with the number you would want. I'll get cost info and confirm that you're in so there's no commitment until I get you some hard numbers.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    You should set up a separate group buy thread for this. A separate thread would get more attention.

edited by angrysparrow to add - I went ahead and split all these posts from the original thread...
    Last edited by angrysparrow; 08-17-2008 at 21:06. Reason: noted split posts

Hammock
    DIY Speer
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinFinn View Post
    You should set up a separate group buy thread for this. A separate thread would get more attention.

edited by angrysparrow to add - I went ahead and split all these posts from the original thread...
    Thanks for that. I wasn't sure of the etiquette for starting a group buy thread. I appreciate your help.

Link the item you were referring to. I went to their site and saw a lot of cinch buckles. Maybe I'm just confused as to which one you are talking about.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Unless you got a pretty good discount on quantity, a group buy at normal price or even with a slight discount usually doesn't save buyers any money buy the time you take into account the shipping charges to reship the items to each person and PayPal fees.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    SB Pro / SlingRings
    Tarp
    10x10 w/ Fig. 9's
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    1" PloyPro Straps
    Yeah, if the discount is good I'd be in for 8

Hammock
    DIY Speer
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Hines View Post
    Link the item you were referring to. I went to their site and saw a lot of cinch buckles. Maybe I'm just confused as to which one you are talking about.
    http://www.onrope1.com/store/index.p...d=118&parent=4

I added the link to the first post to prevent further confusion. Originally, it was part of the Cinch Buckle thread and the link was superfluous.

Hammock
    DIY Speer
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    Unless you got a pretty good discount on quantity, a group buy at normal price or even with a slight discount usually doesn't save buyers any money buy the time you take into account the shipping charges to reship the items to each person and PayPal fees.
    You might be right but the shipping for even an order of 4 buckles is $10 from OnRope1 so there could be a chance to save everybody some money. We'll see what response I get from them.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast