Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles

DIY Z-Liner attachment?

I am attempting to use pieces of windsheild reflector as a Z-liner. Seems to offer pretty good insulation (although the nights aren't cold anymore to really test it), but the pads don't stay in place very well.
    How do the Z-liners attach to stay in place in the pockets? The Clark website talks about velcro but the only velcro I see is at the top of each pocket to hold the pocket opening shut. Is this the only attachment for the pad or do newer models have velcro inside the pockets as well?

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    The top edge of the Z-Liners have velcro and attach to the pockets and the rest of the Z-Liner slides down into the pocket and spreading out to cover the entire inside of the pocket. If you cut your windshield deflector to the size of the pockets, attach some velcro to the top so it will hold in place. I hope this is clear.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    Clark NX200/HH Asym Exp zipmod4
    Tarp
    Stock tarp f both
    Insulation
    HH Reflective Pad
    Suspension
    Stock/Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Passinthru View Post
    I am attempting to use pieces of windsheild reflector as a Z-liner. Seems to offer pretty good insulation (although the nights aren't cold anymore to really test it), but the pads don't stay in place very well.
    How do the Z-liners attach to stay in place in the pockets? The Clark website talks about velcro but the only velcro I see is at the top of each pocket to hold the pocket opening shut. Is this the only attachment for the pad or do newer models have velcro inside the pockets as well?
    According to my discussion with them yesterday on this subject (I don't know, just passing on what they told me), I have an "older" style hammock. The newer styles set up for the Zliner supposedly have velcro all the way along the hammock, as the guy described to me. I can't verify this till I get enough scratch together to get a newer, bigger one since my daughter appropriated my older, somewhat small for me one.

That said, I use an HH reflector pad which is about like a windshield reflector. I use it in the hammock (it's an "XL" size so actually wraps around me) instead of like an underquilt. Had it down to mid 30's with a 45 degree bag. Top was cold, not enough bag, back and butt were fine with it. Nothing else under the HH, just that under my bag IN the hammock. Writeup says if you don't use a bag you need to put something between you and it, that's fine, but I'd probably not put one under the hammock based on my experience, works well inside and allows for me to put a full UQ under and it inside with me.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    OK, thanks guys. Mine has velcro across the entire opening at the top of each pocket. That's where I will attach my "z-liner". I just wasn't sure if maybe it was also supposed to be attached along the sides or bottom as well.
    Utilizing that strip of velcro on the hammock for z-liner attachment will keep the pockets from being able to be velcroed closed but that probably isn't much of an issue.

Hammock
    WBBB, Clark NA
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4 season
    Insulation
    Phoenix 20*,NoSniv
    Suspension
    Dutch whoopies
    I have the non-Z liner model as well, but I would think you would be able to put velcro strips on BOTH sides of the windshield reflector edge. Then just attach it hook-to-loop, loop-to-hook with the Clark's pockets.

Hammock
    Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    WL TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Yes, z-liners have Velcro on both side so that the pockets remain closed. You should be able to duplicate this with your diy project.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by nateseviltwin View Post
    Yes, z-liners have Velcro on both side so that the pockets remain closed. You should be able to duplicate this with your diy project.
    OK - I think I will start by just cutting openings in the insulation so that the velcro on the pockets can 'reach through' from the hammock to the pockets. If that isn't satisfactory, I will attach velcro to both sides of the insulation.

Thanks for all the replies - as always, the forum members came thru.

• + New Posts