DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I'm reading this after my first true backpacking test and I can only agree with everything Adam is saying. This is a great setup. My 40° Incubator kept me cozy and warm all 3 nights ranging from 34°-47°F. Not once did it shift out of place even after all my kicking around getting into the sleeping bag. I would occasionally grab the elastic suspension thru my hammock just to see where it was sitting - always nice and tight wrapping around my shoulders.

It worked so well that I marked the positions of the shockcord/line locs with a silver Sharpie, but maybe that could change depending on the hammock setup? Either way, I made a mental note of the foot vs. the head end and how tight each cord was. I learned how to tighten the cord by the WBBB footbox while testing in my back yard.

I love it! Thank you soooo much Adam!

Hammock
    Dutchware knotty mod
    Tarp
    Toxaway
    Insulation
    incubator
    Suspension
    Straps currently
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    I'm reading this after my first true backpacking test and I can only agree with everything Adam is saying. This is a great setup. My 40° Incubator kept me cozy and warm all 3 nights ranging from 34°-47°F. Not once did it shift out of place even after all my kicking around getting into the sleeping bag. I would occasionally grab the elastic suspension thru my hammock just to see where it was sitting - always nice and tight wrapping around my shoulders.

It worked so well that I marked the positions of the shockcord/line locs with a silver Sharpie, but maybe that could change depending on the hammock setup? Either way, I made a mental note of the foot vs. the head end and how tight each cord was. I learned how to tighten the cord by the WBBB footbox while testing in my back yard.

I love it! Thank you soooo much Adam!
    Seconded. Its cake and it rocks, super duper easy. Thanks sc.

Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch
    thanks adam. i love the way you've updated the suspension.

a note... *

do get in the hammock and set the UQ to your desired position prior to
    knocking off for the night. angles change from trip to trip... as not all trees/locations mimic the perfect hang of the backyard. so as adam mentioned... you may need to adjust the line loc/shockcord.

i only mention this because recently.. my head end wound up being a bit higher than the foot end, (was on a hill and it was hard to tell) - and i ended up sliding down toward towards the footbox. well, i slid 'down into' the quilt, and my shoulders were no longer in position to create the seal between the end of the quilt and hmmk... creating a gap which let the cold 45*F air in.
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

Hammock
    RG60
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    HG 20*
    Suspension
    Makin' whoopie
    I got my incubator during the switchover to the new style. I guess I got it prior to the primary/secondary combo and have only the secondary. It has worked well for me, but I have used the old version with the channels and like the hug it provides, also it can act as a pillow. I think I may send it in for an update to the current style, but it is peak season and I plan on using it on a weekly basis. I will probably let it ride for now and see if it will be necessary to get it upgraded, but the setup sounds good and the write-up is helpful. Thanks y'all!
    Those who speak don't know, those who know don't speak.

“They deem me mad because I will not sell my days for gold; and I deem them mad because they think my days have a price. ” ― Khalil Gibran

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    CCS
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    WB Strap
    Images
    Thanks for explanation stormcrow. Good to see you never stop improving on your product. I have only a slight issue with the Incubator I received last year, at times it the suspension feels a little too narrow, or like the suspension in too tight/long= too much hug.
    Can I just run a shockcord from the awesome side loops you incorporated and attach to tie-outs of my WBBB?
    Last edited by PATripper; 05-16-2012 at 11:48.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1 & 1.7
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Incbtr-AH Potmc
    Suspension
    WB Adj Web
    Images
    My Incubator(Version 2.0?) has two straight shock cords running the length of each side and shock cord at each end to which the S biner is attached.
    I guess this was made in Feb/March just as the new website was coming up and the new shop was opening.
    This UQ does not slide on the side shock cords. But, each side length can be independently tightened, as can each end width. My UQ has a total of six line locks, two of which are the filp-up style and the other four are the push-spring style.
    So far, it works OK for me.
    The road to success is always under construction.
    http://hikingillinois.blogspot.com/

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    DaisyChain/Carab
    It's customer follow-up like this that makes me feel great about going with HG for my UQ.

You will be getting an order for a 20* Incubator shiiping out to Costa Mesa, CA soon!

What kind of time frame are you looking at with new orders? I have a trip coming up at the beginning of July.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    HG: CF 4S
    Insulation
    HG: TQ. UQ
    Suspension
    WS and Dutch Hooks
    I received my under quilt about a month ago. At first, I was not sure how the suspension worked. After a couple of times fooling around with it, I realized that I could adjust the up-and-down of the quilt with the secondary suspension. It was great to see your write up as it confirmed what my suspicions were on how to adjust the under quilt suspension.*

When I first got my dear quilt I was not sure how to slide the under quilt and down along the hammock as I had seen in some videos.

I was getting some cold air leakage around the sides, especially when sleeping on my side in the hammock. After figuring out the secondary suspension, I was able to tighten up the secondary suspension to stop the droop as well as position the UQ exactly where I wanted it. Once adjusted, it did not slide up or down or work its way off my shoulders.

I also saw the D rings on the sides of the UQ and had thought of trying to run a piece of shock cord over the ridge line to snug up the quilt, but after figuring out the suspension, I didn't need to go there.

I would recommend printing out a copy of your post and putting it in the box until oh can get it up on your website.

Thanks again for your killer customer service. My Pheonix rocks!
    "When you see something wobble, push it."
    - Unknown

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 Dbl & DIY 1.5 Gathered End
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben Baby !
    Insulation
    Phoenix's&Burrow's
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    Had the chance to play with the new suspension last night.
    Really like the system and for me I don't really need the primary and prefer just the secondary suspension and linelocs on the corner.
    From what I could tell there was no loss of loft from just using it this way.
    Of course you loose the slide adjustability as it's no longer on the channels but that's no biggie to me.
    Really like the way these quilts have evolved as I have had a few now....
    I actually find my old footpad too long now as the UQ is pulled out to it's correct length.
    With the old system I guess my quilt was scrunching up a little, even though that never meant a cold spot.

Do you think with the new system it's possible to over tension the UQ and flatten it out a little (effecting loft) or will the Diff cut cover that.
    I am a GEAR JUNKIE and GRAM COUNTER !!

There, It's out. I said it, Ahh I feel better now

Hammock
    DIY "Phoenix" DL
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    Incubator, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Just received my Phoenix today, I can't wait for the weather to cool (Ordered the 0*) so that I can put it to good use. Excellent craftsmanship and light. Thanks
    The person who says that it can't be done, doesn't
    The person who says that it can be done, does it!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast