Page 289 of 320 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291299 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 3191
    Quote Originally Posted by devoncloud View Post
    I just found this site... this guy is already making the tripod configuration with them!
    http://www.militaryfieldgear.com/cborhamraanp.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    He even has a set just for this: http://www.militaryfieldgear.com/csohatrstkiw.html

Hammock
    hh safari deluxe
    Tarp
    stock hex
    Suspension
    diy whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by devoncloud View Post
    So these are strong enough to use for legs on a tripod or just the ridgeline?

This looks like a great idea if one could figure out how to attach the legs into a tripod system... would make everything very transportable

devoncloud, this has already been posted BUTT these threads are HUGE & many of US get exhaustipated wading thru them

here is the link

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...berglass+stand

sw
    "we are the people our parents warned us about" jb

steve

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by West michigan View Post
    I sleep in mine every night now
    Using a grand trunk dbl [ATTACH=CONFIG]152237
    It's solved my job related back pain and I'm sleeping sooo much better and deeper
    That's my son in the pic
    Have since shortened it
    Next will be staining it
    How long is your ridge pole? What's your ridge pole made of? how is it connected in the middle? I can't tell in the pic but it looks good and solid.

Shackles, hinge and tip rail issues;
    Every shackle I find, the pin is too large to go through the hole in the hinge. What exactly are you buying that is fitting or are you drilling out the hole? I have went to 4 places, all the same.
    No one will cut the top rail. What are you cutting it with?

Hammock
    WBRR or 11' PolyD
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    SpdrPoly Cinch Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsie8 View Post
    Shackles, hinge and tip rail issues;
    Every shackle I find, the pin is too large to go through the hole in the hinge. What exactly are you buying that is fitting or are you drilling out the hole? I have went to 4 places, all the same.
    No one will cut the top rail. What are you cutting it with?
    I drilled the hole to make it larger on mine. Just make sure you are taking metal from the top side of the hole so it still has some structural integrity.

I cut my ridgepoles with a hack saw. A pipe cutter might make a smoother cut but a little sand paper cleans up the burrs from a hack saw just fine.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thx! I was beginning to think I had wrote down wrong items, from all the posts!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Freebird
    Insulation
    UGQ Bandit/Zep
    I made a stand today. I was worried because I needed something that would support 325lbs. I found some 6' 1-5/8" fence poles on clearance for $4 at Lowes so I decided to give those a try. I got a 1-3/8" fence sleeve and connected the two 6' sections by inserting the fence sleeve inside each end. I drilled through it all and used a 1/4-2" hex bolt on each side of the joint. The 12' ridge pole has no flex. As you can see by the pictures, I hung directly below where the ridge pole is connected to the tripod. I believe this is the reason for the zero flex. To save myself from having to carry 2 6' metal poles, I am considering cutting the 6' sections in half and connecting them with the fence sleeve like I did in the middle.

Now that I know this setup works, I am going to give the 10' 1-3/8" ridge pole a try. I will put the fence sleeve outside to support the joint. I will let you know if this supports me. Oh yea- and the 2x2 are totally fine for supporting 325lbs.

IMG_5905.jpg
    IMG_5906.jpg
    IMG_5907.jpg

Last edited by BeGlitched; 07-13-2017 at 21:18.

Quote Originally Posted by BeGlitched View Post
    I made a stand today. I was worried because I needed something that would support 325lbs. I found some 6' 1-5/8" fence poles on clearance for $4 at Lowes so I decided to give those a try. I got a 1-3/8" fence sleeve and connected the two 6' sections by inserting the fence sleeve inside each end. I drilled through it all and used a 1/4-2" hex bolt on each side of the joint. The 12' ridge pole has no flex. As you can see by the pictures, I hung directly below where the ridge pole is connected to the tripod. I believe this is the reason for the zero flex. To save myself from having to carry 2 6' metal poles, I am considering cutting the 6' sections in half and connecting them with the fence sleeve like I did in the middle.

Now that I know this setup works, I am going to give the 10' 1-3/8" ridge pole a try. I will put the fence sleeve outside to support the joint. I will let you know if this supports me. Oh yea- and the 2x2 are totally fine for supporting 325lbs. IMG_5905.jpgIMG_5906.jpgIMG_5907.jpg

Great job! Looks like it will last you!

Hammock
    , , , , , chameleon
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Has anyone tried lashing the poles together? I know how, the part I'm wondering about is how to hand the long horizontal pole. I was thinking of lashing them, since I'm a Scout master, it would be nice for scout camping. But I'm stuck on this problem.

Images
    My Turtlelady stand is bamboo poles lashed together. I place a continuous loop made of Amsteel over each tripod so it hangs beneath the lashing. Then the ridgepole (chain link fence toprail) is set into the loops and hangs freely directly below the center of the tripods). Simple and effective.

• + New Posts
  • Page 289 of 320 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291299 ... LastLast