Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    elgreko - I was reviewing your photos and didn't see any "keeper" line at the bottom of your turtle legs to keep them from spreading. Maybe that was added later. And in one of your first photos of the hinges, it looked like a crack might have been forming in line with the screws (pre-drilled the holes, right?). I hope I'm wrong about that but, you know, "See something, say something."
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

@scootcole,

Nice job. The table is a nice touch. There is movement on the legs when their are loaded so be aware of that. Dont want to waste a prime adult beverage.

Have fun.

Bob

Started a build. Worried about cutting legs too short. Worried about best fence rail length. Worried about my suspension. Hammock is a Dutch Chameleon. Any suggestions?
    2928B31A-39F6-48B3-ABE6-8AC9E9D230E9.jpg

Hammock
    Double Dutch
    Tarp
    OneTigris hot tent
    Insulation
    HG burrow/incubato
    Suspension
    beetle buckles
    Images
    I have one made of 1 inch EMT tubing. My wife and I hang Double Dutch in Dutch's double system and have not tried it yet together with the two of us on the stand. It is plenty strong for 1 hammock.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawtd View Post
    Started a build. Worried about cutting legs too short. Worried about best fence rail length. Worried about my suspension. Hammock is a Dutch Chameleon. Any suggestions?
    2928B31A-39F6-48B3-ABE6-8AC9E9D230E9.jpg
    @Shawtd,

Good luck with the build. Take the time to read the Turtle Dog Stand Thread. It will answer all your questions. Its not super hard. Hell, even I could do it!

Mine took about 2 hours of time and about 60.00 worth of material. That was about 5 years back.

You will get it.

Bob

Built mine over the last few days with a whole lot of tweaking, some swearing and 2 broken pole joints.

Finding a substitute for fence rail posts in the UK for less than £40 is a hard push, but seeing the prices on the original posts in this thread highlights inflation to a frightening degree!

I originally had my hammock hanging WAY too high, but at 13foot, my hammock needs quite a lot of height and length to get it to hang right. I used 25mm metal conduit from Screwfix, but it snapped the connection point, so I cut off 60cm from both poles and subbed in a wider tube to act as a collar over the join.

Will look at more heavy duty, bigger poles with thicker walls for MK2, as the ridge is now only 13ft long, but there is a lot less bend.

(Before and after alterations)
    20230820_155428.jpg
    20230820_175214.jpg
    Last edited by Jdance; 08-20-2023 at 17:08.

20230821_181247.jpg

Had some minor tweaks; I had originally cut the legs at 45degrees angles, noticed everyone else seemed to have done 30, so I recut and remounted everything on both tripods.

They are a lot taller, which has improved the lay of the hammock considerably, but they don't feel anywhere near as stable to sideways forces, which will be interesting in a field of drunk needs in armour.

My engineer of a father had a great idea for mounting stakes, using wall-pipe brackets on each leg to act as a sheath for long rear stakes, they won't be at the optimal angle but they will continue the direction of the legs a few inches into the ground.

I'll also guide out my tarp which I assume/hope will help. Only time can tell!

Hammock
    DIY 1.5S
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Mamba
    Insulation
    EE Revel., HG Inc.
    Suspension
    Hoverboard System
    Images
    Any suggestions on how to make the stand weather proof/resistant? Maybe some kind of paint and/or some kind of sealant? Not much of a diy guy. I’m in Southern California so not much crazy weather. Just the occasional rain storm.

Hammock
    WB--Dutch-Clark-Amok
    Tarp
    WB-CC-UGQ-Amok
    Insulation
    Down and Synthetic
    Suspension
    CL/Becket~LA/ 7/64
    Quote Originally Posted by catalyst View Post
    Any suggestions on how to make the stand weather proof/resistant? Maybe some kind of paint and/or some kind of sealant? Not much of a diy guy. I’m in Southern California so not much crazy weather. Just the occasional rain storm.
    Thompsons Weather Seal
    Livin’ Large ~ Horizontally

• + New Posts
  • Page 319 of 320 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320 LastLast