Tarp
    70D HH Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    JRB HSS(complete)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    looks good...those posts are huge!
    They certainly are!!! Bloody heavy to lift even with 3 people!

Quote Originally Posted by DivaB View Post
    Wow, you took DIY trees literally didn't you?
    I did

Quote Originally Posted by Pendule View Post
    Sweet :-)

I am gonna subtly give a hint to my wife by leaving this window open on my computer…
    Don't be subtle, just tell her that's what you want and do it!!

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Dave View Post
    I just put in two 6 x 6 x 12 treated post. Burried 4 feet in concrete, havn't tried them yet.
    David
    Throw up some photos and let us know how it all goes
    All in all and I'm loving every rise and fall the sun will make and I will take breath to be sure of this

Hammock
    Treedscape BigPaw
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's Tarp
    Insulation
    Treedscape BigHeat
    Suspension
    Straps + Whoopies
    That's pretty serious! Fortunately I've got plenty of rooted trees in the backyard. I'm curious what it's going to look like with the shade sail.
    "Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive" - Elbert Hubbard

Hammock
    TrekLight Double
    Tarp
    Chinook 12'x9.5'
    Insulation
    DIY Peapod
    Suspension
    Stock TrekLight
    Might I ask how much this project ran you? Where did you get those posts?

EDIT: Also, did you post these pics over at r/hammocks on reddit the other day?

Don't take it personally, but this project screams over the top. Sometimes over the top works, look at 'American Idol' and the NYC nightclub scene. Both located in huge cites with a lot of expendable income. Do you live in a place where people wouldn't care about these things in the back yard come resale of the home? I mean you could market them as art pieces, they do have a certain cool factor in my opinion. But I'm hardly your typical aesthetician. Or do you have a profession/skill-set that provides so much security and sense of place that you would never have to concern yourself with moving? I'm kind of getting the new age vibe here... Just curious.

Hammock
    TrekLight Double
    Tarp
    Chinook 12'x9.5'
    Insulation
    DIY Peapod
    Suspension
    Stock TrekLight
    Quote Originally Posted by pulsemod View Post
    Don't take it personally, but this project screams over the top. Sometimes over the top works, look at 'American Idol' and the NYC nightclub scene. Both located in huge cites with a lot of expendable income. Do you live in a place where people wouldn't care about these things in the back yard come resale of the home? I mean you could market them as art pieces, they do have a certain cool factor in my opinion. But I'm hardly your typical aesthetician. Or do you have a profession/skill-set that provides so much security and sense of place that you would never have to concern yourself with moving? I'm kind of getting the new age vibe here... Just curious.
    Who cares? It's something he was excited to do so he could hang his hammock and he got a pretty cool yard shade out of the deal too. Those wouldn't be too tough to get rid of if a buyer didn't like them. Saw those puppies off at the base and dig up the concrete.

Relax. It's his backyard.

Hammock
    DIY 11' double layer 1.1
    Tarp
    huge DIY camo
    Insulation
    DIY 9oz. Primaloft
    Suspension
    7/64"whoopie sling
    Actually with a sun shade, I could see that as being a very nice asset, but yeah, if he's sinking telephone poles in his yard, I doubt he's thinking of selling anytime soon.

PF
    It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Formerly known as Acercanto, my trail name is MacGuyver to some, and Pucker Factor to others.

It's not procrastinating, its proactively delaying the implementation of the energy-intensive phase of the project until the enthusiasm factor is at its maximum effectiveness. - Randy Glasbergen

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    70D HH Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    JRB HSS(complete)
    Quote Originally Posted by culaslucas View Post
    Might I ask how much this project ran you? Where did you get those posts?

EDIT: Also, did you post these pics over at r/hammocks on reddit the other day?
    Firstly, I'm in Australia and got the posts from a place called Burlows who purchase them from Permapoles (who don't sell to the public, wholesale only).

Secondly, posts cost $320AU delivered, rapid set concrete (12 bags) and all fittings for the shade sail were ~$170. Only other cost was some cider and meat to feed my mate and dad for helping

Also, shade sail cost ~$150.

And yes, I did post them to reddit for delicious internet karma!!!

In all seriousness, I'm doing to my house what suits me. As one of the other guys said, they could easily be cut off, but with the shade sail we're putting in this weekend, it's going to be a nice little area to sit under during summer.

The main reasons we did it were so we had shade for our 8 month old daughter, an area to entertain friends and for hammocks.

Quote Originally Posted by culaslucas View Post
    Who cares? It's something he was excited to do so he could hang his hammock and he got a pretty cool yard shade out of the deal too. Those wouldn't be too tough to get rid of if a buyer didn't like them. Saw those puppies off at the base and dig up the concrete.

Relax. It's his backyard.
    Thanks for the support

Quote Originally Posted by PuckerFactor View Post
    Actually with a sun shade, I could see that as being a very nice asset, but yeah, if he's sinking telephone poles in his yard, I doubt he's thinking of selling anytime soon.

PF
    Cheers! I'll be posting more pics this weekend once the shade sail is up!
    All in all and I'm loving every rise and fall the sun will make and I will take breath to be sure of this

Looks cool. I would have to get HOA aka neighborhood Nazi's approval before I could do anything. Cant wait to move. You ought to look for some copper caps for the poles, just to top it off.

Sorry if I offended... It's all good.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    70D HH Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    JRB HSS(complete)
    Sorry if I offended... It's all good.
    No offense taken!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast