Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Do the vertical boards run all the way to the floor?

If they don't, you are transferring the weight of the hammock (and you in it) to the wall stud, which is probably an old 2x2. It might work, it might not, depending on the mobile and it's condition. But if you can get away with not going all the way to the floor with your mobile, you probably can just eyebolt to a roof truss and not use any of this. If you don't trust what's there enough that you feel the need to build this, I would go all the way to the floor with it.

Hammock
    Dutch 12' Netless
    Tarp
    ProVenture Nylon
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Humming Bird style
    Images
    Does everyone realize this is a Zombie thread? The OP made only 13 post, 6 of which are in this thread and that was 6 years ago in June of 2012? I highly doubt the OP is around to answer any questions or need any help... after 6 years he either has it worked out or went on to something else.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Yep, fully aware. Sometimes vibrant new knowledge is built on neglected old knowledge as new actors on the scene construct their solutions.
    The game is the best teacher.

Thanks for your input. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by SupraLance View Post
    If they don't, you are transferring the weight of the hammock (and you in it) to the wall stud, which is probably an old 2x2. It might work, it might not, depending on the mobile and it's condition. But if you can get away with not going all the way to the floor with your mobile, you probably can just eyebolt to a roof truss and not use any of this. If you don't trust what's there enough that you feel the need to build this, I would go all the way to the floor with it.
    Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff-oh View Post
    Does everyone realize this is a Zombie thread?
    yep. But with a new question asked in the last couple days that would not have made sense in a new thread and so was appropriate here, and deserved an answer. Although I suspect the reason he had to ask it a couple times is that many were deferring to the OP to answer the question and, as you point out, he is long gone. Great thing about forums, though, is the rest of us can expand on it and the thread lives on as long as it's useful to somebody and others are willing to jump in to help.

Hammock
    Dutch 12' Netless
    Tarp
    ProVenture Nylon
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Humming Bird style
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraLance View Post
    yep. But with a new question asked in the last couple days that would not have made sense in a new thread and so was appropriate here, and deserved an answer. Although I suspect the reason he had to ask it a couple times is that many were deferring to the OP to answer the question and, as you point out, he is long gone. Great thing about forums, though, is the rest of us can expand on it and the thread lives on as long as it's useful to somebody and others are willing to jump in to help.
    I read it, rightly or wrongly, the the new question was directed to the OP to clarify the OP's design.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123