Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch
    I'm 5'8" 155lbs... And got bad shoulder squeeze in a bridge. Woke me up several times as if I was on the ground, with shoulder pain.

That said, I'm going to try warbonnets when its released.
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rip waverly View Post
    I'm 5'8" 155lbs... And got bad shoulder squeeze in a bridge. Woke me up several times as if I was on the ground, with shoulder pain.

That said, I'm going to try warbonnets when its released.
    I've always theorized that size is not all that much of a factor in the shoulder thing. I outweigh my wife by 90-100 lbs, and she even felt it. Whatever size you are. your shoulders are going to assume that shape of the hammock. As has been said, like a soda can cut in half length wise, or a Letter "C" fallen over on it's back, or even a "V: shape ( somewhat) when unoccupied.

Wow, 5'8", 155 lbs and woke up several times with shoulder pain? I have never had that happen and I am 6'1", 215 lbs. Guess people just vary. Of course, even though it feels very comfortable for me on my back, I probably rarely actually make it through the night that way, unlike with my non-bridge hammocks. It just seems so natural and comfortable for me to switch into a slight to full side position, which is how I sleep in a bed anyway, that I probably rarely sleep for long on my back.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I am on my third JRB Bridge; sort of.

I tried one back when they first hit the scene and just couldn't make myself like it. I bought one for Genuine Draft at Trail Days in 08' because she really liked them, but after a night in it, she had me return it. Jacks were great about the whole thing BTW. I bought one second-hand about a year ago because it felt weird to not have one in my collection. I don't think I've used it 4 times.

They are good hammocks, but they do seem to not work for a good chunk of hangers. Genuine Draft's son sports a BMBH and loves it. It's only been the last few weeks that he has found something that doesn't work for him with the BMBH. He has a dog these days and she won't stay in the hammock with him at night when we go hiking because there just isn't enough room; I guess. That means she has to go on a leash at camp, which kind of sucks for everyone. She is an Australian Sheppard with a TON of energy and is simply not to be trusted.

Still, he loves the hammock and just can't understand why his mom and I don't. Only way to know is to try one. Find a Hang near you and you'll probably find at least one Bridge hammock design.
    Trust nobody!

Hamhocker really likes her JRB bridge hammock. She can sleep on her side, back or stomach. She tried a BB and didn't like it at all
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    MYOG Gathered End Hammock
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole!!
    Insulation
    Tewa UQ, Sleep Bag
    Suspension
    MYOG Whoopie Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    OK, so what would be the difference between a Crystalist, JRB & say Brandon's or Grizz's?
    I have a question on this. I'm assuming by Brandon you mean Warbonnet, is that right? I've searched every which way and don't see it on the store site. Is it a prototype that he's posted about here or something?

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineHiker View Post
    I have a question on this. I'm assuming by Brandon you mean Warbonnet, is that right? I've searched every which way and don't see it on the store site. Is it a prototype that he's posted about here or something?
    Yes, and yes.
    He is supposed to release it by Spring 2012. That means, if he holds true, that it will be available within the next 33 days, given June 20th is the first day of summer. Many folks have turned blue holding their breath, so....
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    MYOG Gathered End Hammock
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole!!
    Insulation
    Tewa UQ, Sleep Bag
    Suspension
    MYOG Whoopie Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Yes, and yes.
    He is supposed to release it by Spring 2012. That means, if he holds true, that it will be available within the next 33 days, given June 20th is the first day of summer. Many folks have turned blue holding their breath, so....
    Sweet! Looking forward to it!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    I am on my third JRB Bridge; sort of.

I tried one back when they first hit the scene and just couldn't make myself like it. I bought one for Genuine Draft at Trail Days in 08' because she really liked them, but after a night in it, she had me return it. Jacks were great about the whole thing BTW. I bought one second-hand about a year ago because it felt weird to not have one in my collection. I don't think I've used it 4 times.

They are good hammocks, but they do seem to not work for a good chunk of hangers. Genuine Draft's son sports a BMBH and loves it. It's only been the last few weeks that he has found something that doesn't work for him with the BMBH. He has a dog these days and she won't stay in the hammock with him at night when we go hiking because there just isn't enough room; I guess. That means she has to go on a leash at camp, which kind of sucks for everyone. She is an Australian Sheppard with a TON of energy and is simply not to be trusted.

Still, he loves the hammock and just can't understand why his mom and I don't. Only way to know is to try one. Find a Hang near you and you'll probably find at least one Bridge hammock design.
    Curious: just how big of a boy is he?

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Curious: just how big of a boy is he?
    Not very.
    He is maybe 5'9" and I doubt he weighs 170lbs.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch
    i'm really looking forward to giving the bridge another run for its money.
    i want to like it, and will try to, again. i'm envisioning a shallower body offering less squeeze. *still one of the herd whose face is turning blue for brandon.

if i find the lay i'm after, than the apreader bars-into-tarp issue won't be as big a deal.
    i love gathered ends for the minimal setup 'footprint'- and their simplicity.
    but it won't stop me from trying to discover the comfort bridge users report.
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast