Hammock
    ENO SingleNest

The more I read the less I know - need suspension

I have an eno SingleNest and used to have some eno SlapStrap Pros. Turns out, I lost 'em (the straps- not the hammock). Granted, they did have stretch, but I really did appreciate the ease of set-up and variability of length. Judging by how everyone on here seems to hate those, though, I think I'll try something else, now that I need to get something to hold up my hammock anyway. But what?

I've been perusing these forums, and everything seems (almost) Greek to me. There are Dutch hooks, and Whoopie Slings, and I don't know what any of those are. I thought I knew about hammocks, but apparently not. I even built a stand last year and slept in it for about two months straight!

So, my question- is there something, either similar to the SlapStraps (but without the stretch) or at least with similar ease of set-up that won't require other connections or knots I'll need to tie? As far as DIY goes, I'd really just prefer it if I could go to a place like Gander Mtn. or REI and get it all-in-one, no assembly required. Or a website where I can just click "purchase."

I know I'm probably over-simplifying, but if someone could just point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it!

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    There are lots of suspension systems out there for hammocks. Variables like ease of set up versus lighter weight, more compact size all come into play. Cinch Buckles are one of the more popular options and give you virtually limitless range of adjustment versus something like the slap straps that have pre-set attachment points. Whoopie slings are lighter and more compact overall the take a little more time to adjust (talking second here) Basically they work like a chines finger trap the rope passes though it self and when weighted locks down firmly gripping onto itself. You will still want some straps to protect the trees from damage and as a show of good stewardship (becoming more and more important to land managers.)

There are a number of vendors here that offer replacement suspensions specific for hammock use, REI and the like generally do not carry the correct types of webbings and ropes for hammocks.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    ENO SingleNest
    -Do you know a good vendor website where I could look at cinch buckles and see exactly how they work? Do you think they'd be able to work with the biners I have with my SingleNest?

Also, I've looked at Tri-Glides from JacksRBetter, any experience with those? I basically just want something that's the simplest put-together/set-up/take-down that I can find, that will go well with my SingleNest.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    You could click the link in his signature line. Paul is a vendor here that sells suspensions, including cinch buckles.

Other options include Dutchware, JRB, whoopie slings dotcom, etc.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch
    http://warbonnetoutdoors.com/acces.php

adjustable webbing suspension- yes you can use the biners you have.
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

Hammock
    ENO SingleNest
    Quote Originally Posted by rip waverly View Post
    http://warbonnetoutdoors.com/acces.php

adjustable webbing suspension- yes you can use the biners you have.
    This one looks nice and I like the price, but I don't really understand how I would attach that, or even where I would hook on my hammock. In the loops on the webbing? Or is that where the cinch things would go? Sorry for being such a noob. Can someone explain it or is there a video out there that'll guide me through this as if I were a five year old?

Hammock
    currently hammeck envy
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    phnx,zepp,jbrdge
    Suspension
    straps, hammock an
    hey hanging if you go to their website there is a video link on set up, same for your hammock as theirs, you basically hook your biner in the loop created by the cinch buckle.. you can also search it on you tube, if i can remember how to post a link i will

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Python straps from Kammock are the no-stretch answer to Slap Straps. Same principle, a number of connection points all along the length of the webbing.

You can't really see those points in the pictures provided on the Kammock website, but you can in videos, to pick not so random an example, this one.
    Grizz
    (alias ProfessorHammock on youtube)

• + New Posts