Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrake View Post
    Ive been pretty disappointed with my Kammok - Ive already had to replace a carabiner because it bent and the cord at the gathered end - its core is splitting out in 2 places. Ive gotten minimal response from their customer service folks. I wont be buying more of their products to say the least. I wish I wouldve gone with a Trek Light Gear or an ENO. I regret my Kammok purchase.

Sorry to hear of your disappointment. My experience has been the opposite. Excellent quality, rapid customer service response. As an example, I posted a question about an order after business hours and received an email response that very night and resolution to the problem that was of my making, not theirs, by lunch the next day.

I do agree that the suspension connection is the potential weak link in their system but again, mine's worked fine.

If you'd like to do some trading and get rid of yours, PM me.

Hammock
    Kammok ROO
    Tarp
    in development
    Insulation
    in development
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrake View Post
    Ive been pretty disappointed with my Kammok - Ive already had to replace a carabiner because it bent and the cord at the gathered end - its core is splitting out in 2 places. Ive gotten minimal response from their customer service folks. I wont be buying more of their products to say the least. I wish I wouldve gone with a Trek Light Gear or an ENO. I regret my Kammok purchase.
    Hey KDrake - I was just checking this review and saw your post, and again want to offer my apologies. We offer a Lifetime Warranty - that is why we have sent you brand new gear and paid to have the failed product sent back to us so we can examine the product and then recycle the materials. We also have a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee with our gear and I would be happy to offer a full refund with the return of the products. We are very thankful for your initial support on Kickstarter, and I do hope to earn your continued support moving forward. I have addressed this issue with our customer service team as well, and part of the error (sad to say) was due to switching out our email ticketing software. Please email or call me directly with any concerns and I will be glad to help you out [email protected] or (214) 901-8420
    WWW.KAMMOK.COM
    FACEBOOK
    TWITTER
    Join The MOB™ - Kammok's social network for outdoor enthusiasts making a difference

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    HH Hex / Noah 9
    Suspension
    Strap/buckle/rings
    Images
    I changed out the orginal suspension on the Kammock and hung it once in the back yard.

I felt it looked too nice to use for my knockaround camping with the Scouts, but after reading about the benefits of the longer length making an easier diagonal lie, I may have to make it the duty hammock.

Glad I got my Kammock at the initial 1/2 price deal.
    DKPerdue
    DKPerdue

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
    Ronald Reagan, President of the United States

Quote Originally Posted by dkperdue View Post
    I changed out the orginal suspension on the Kammock and hung it once in the back yard.

I felt it looked too nice to use for my knockaround camping with the Scouts, but after reading about the benefits of the longer length making an easier diagonal lie, I may have to make it the duty hammock.

Glad I got my Kammock at the initial 1/2 price deal.
    DKPerdue

How were you able to get one 1/2 price? when was such a deal?

Im still on the fench regarding the ENO and the Kammock. 1/2 price would make my decision for me...

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by carguy3729 View Post
    How were you able to get one 1/2 price? when was such a deal?

Im still on the fench regarding the ENO and the Kammock. 1/2 price would make my decision for me...
    They had a "Kick-Start" deal about a year ago. This is a way for a start up company to get enough 'investors' to put money together to start manufacturing a product.

Kammok has been able to stay in business. Even at their regular price, it's a good hammock. You'll need to decide whether it's worth the extra $35 over an ENO Double.

Here's the original thread:
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=38971
    Last edited by Boomer; 04-27-2012 at 00:33.

Hammock
    DIY Blue Monster
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by OfftheGround View Post
    Hey KDrake - I was just checking this review and saw your post, and again want to offer my apologies. We offer a Lifetime Warranty - that is why we have sent you brand new gear and paid to have the failed product sent back to us so we can examine the product and then recycle the materials. We also have a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee with our gear and I would be happy to offer a full refund with the return of the products. We are very thankful for your initial support on Kickstarter, and I do hope to earn your continued support moving forward. I have addressed this issue with our customer service team as well, and part of the error (sad to say) was due to switching out our email ticketing software. Please email or call me directly with any concerns and I will be glad to help you out [email protected] or (214) 901-8420
    I am impressed with the service Kammok has provided the members of this forum (from what I've seen - no personal experience myself).

I wanted to see what some long(er) term thoughts were on the different hammocks (especially the Kammok after seeing kdrake's post above).

I am looking to get into a hammock and was looking at these very models.

Thanks,

Eric

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    STICKY!!!! Definitely something all noobs to look at...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ericono View Post
    I wanted to see what some long(er) term thoughts were on the different hammocks (especially the Kammok after seeing kdrake's post above).
    I'm still very pleased with my Kammok Roo that was purchased on the original product roll out and my son loves the one he picked up a few months ago when the new colors arrived. It's the go to lounging hammock for me now and has been sampled by a large number of people, (in fact by some large people too), and I see absolutely no sign of any wear or stress anywhere on any part. It is now a "fixture" in my car camp kit.

I also agree that the python straps are heavier than I prefer for backpacking, but I think they are the best mass manufacturer "simple adjust by biner" suspension I've seen and are great where weight is not an issue.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by ericono View Post

I am looking to get into a hammock and was looking at these very models.
    Eric,

I still have my original Kammok and it hasn't shown any signs of wear. I have several more and the only problem I had was a biner bending on me (on one of my newer Kammoks). I don't know how it happened, because I only had about 200 pounds in the hammock. When I mentioned it to the company, they asked that I send in my old one, so that they could examine it; however, I was told that they are soon coming out with a new one and they offered to replace all of my old ones with the new ones at no cost. In my experience, they stand behind their products.

I did switch out the end loops for whoopies, as I've done on all of my non-bug net hammocks. I just appreciate the quick ease of adjustment on the hang. That being said, I found the Python straps are my 'go-to' straps for a quick strap around a tree. I put the Python strap around the tree, select a loop and then attach my whoopie via a biner.

My Grand Trunk Parachute Double had some of the fabric 'peel' off from the edge, past the seam. I had to use a flame to melt the fabric run from continuing.

I've had my ENOs for the longest and they are still a great 'beat' around hammock for me. If I'm going to put my kids up in a hammock, I give them an ENO. The black compression straps that compress the stuff sack on the ENOs have come un-stitched. The attached Kammok stuff sack is much better.

Even though the Grand Trunk is more comfortable than the ENO, I prefer the ENO for some reason. I get by far the most use out of the Kammoks, as they have the most comfortable lay.

As a final point, I'll throw in that I have a Dream Hammock DangerBird 72, which uses a 'tafeta' like fabric. I prefer the diamond rip stop fabric on the Kammok and find it to not stretch like the DB. I also have a double layer DB (a '68' - an odd size due to a different material). I find that due to the length, the Kammok and the DB 68 feel in many ways similar. The DB is over twice the cost of the Kammok ($250 in a double layer); however, it has many additional features, like a ridgeline, ridgeline organizer, built in whoopies, an attached bug net and an overcover that can be deployed (when the bug net is not in use).

It would be a close call between the DangerBird and the Kammok if the latter were to come out with a camping (bug net attached) version...
    Last edited by Boomer; 08-06-2012 at 05:50.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast