Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Wow, they have temporarily shut down Whiteblaze due to the bickering and name calling among participants! I never went to any threads other than hammocking. But unless it really went down hill in the last few days, I never really noticed any significant hostilities amongst the hammock folks. Although, any time a newby would post a question, it did seem that a few non-hammockers would always quickly show up to say how much hammocks stink, but with harsher words.

I've got to say that, even including some threads branching out into politics and religion things have mostly stayed pretty darn civil over here.

P.S.
    Really, how is it even possible for adults to get into vicious arguments over hammocks or backpacking and the related equipment? There is nothing about this worth fighting over, IMO! Whatever, HYOH gals and dudes.

i rarely go there any more political rants and all kinds of way out there junk.i like it here better.none of use are perfect,but i feel this is a more positive website
    i feel like this website is more like a family,sure some times we joke about stuff,but no way out there wild tangent junk.hammockers are a real special group of outdoor enthusiast.hammock forums is definately here to stay.neo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    BWDD Winterdream
    Insulation
    Speer Snugfit
    Images
    hehe, a political thread (about wb closing) just turned into a hammocking discussion. Talk about here being totally opposite of wb.
    Bad spellers of the world Untie!

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Hey another geocacher. Roadtorque you are more then welcome to attend my event cache next weekend .

I also hope with the closing of WhiteBlaze that they will not make there way over here and start there crap here. This has already been discussed among our moderators here and we will handle it.

The reason WhiteBlaze is remaining down is so the Adminstrators can work out how they are going to address this and what steps they will take when it opens back up.
    thats right,we dont need no off the wall slammers and ranters here.i like the peace and serenity of this siteneo
    the matrix has you

Images
    Some hinted earlier that hangers don't rant and feud because they get quality rest... so I think this site is safe from those grumpy ol' ground-dwelling trolls. Now grumpy ol' tree-climbing lizards is an entirely different matter.

Now back to the non-topic - does anyone know the weight rating for the $16 hammocks? Inquiring chubbier-than-thou Dinos want to know.

I haven't been around WB (or this site) long enough to know the history of these little grudges. I had thought that the insults and ranting were due to frustration at not actually being out on the trail. Some of these guys remind me of my nephews who grew up in the Maine woods w/o TV, and would watch it for hours when they visited - except during commercials, when they'd roll on the floor fighting like bear cubs. Those fights were part of their entertainment.

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dino View Post
    Some hinted earlier that hangers don't rant and feud because they get quality rest... so I think this site is safe from those grumpy ol' ground-dwelling trolls. Now grumpy ol' tree-climbing lizards is an entirely different matter.

Now back to the non-topic - does anyone know the weight rating for the $16 hammocks? Inquiring chubbier-than-thou Dinos want to know.
    your right sleeping on the ground is a pain in the back lolneo
    the matrix has you

Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dino View Post
    does anyone know the weight rating for the $16 hammocks? Inquiring chubbier-than-thou Dinos want to know.
    The website says 325#.

Here's the directly link to the $16 hammock...
    http://www.hammocks.com/hammocks/cam...blehammock.cfm

Images
    Thank you for the info -- even this dino isn't that fluffy.

Hammock
    ENO Double
    Images
    Speaking of Groundspeak and Internet forums, it was the groundspeak hiking and camping thread that brought me to this site. Someone was asking opinion on HHammocks. FWIW, my geocaching handle is tands. I have to say this is a very civil and supportive site.

Travis

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    A starting list of new rules has been posted at WB.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast