Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Clark ZT 200 underquilt

I just was at the Clark site and noticed they have a underquilt listed that attaches to the velcro on the NX250 Clark.
    They call it the ZT 200 and it is designed for the NX 250 no picture available and listed at $189.00. I wonder how this compares to the STD. Z liner?
    Looks like when they get opened up in Utah, I'll have to give em a call!!
    I suspect they have a std type of full underquilt that uses Velcro for the primary attachment?
    From the Clark website description:

"Clark's ZT-200 underquilt helps you tackle frigid temperatures. This kit (size 200) fits all Clark TX-250 models. The Z-Liner includes insulation to cover the entire bottom of the hammock by attaching to velcro around the edges of the hammock bed. The ZT-200 weighs 27 oz. (0.76kg)

The Z-Liner is made from quality CLIMASHIELD HL insulation. Engineered for maximum loft per unit weight, CLIMASHIELD HL is the perfect choice when you demand performance driven comfort that delivers superior thermal efficiency, resilient loft and durability.

Cold Weather Ratings for the Z-Liner are difficult to specify since they depend greatly upon what kind of sleeping bag or quilt you are using inside the hammock. Initial tests reveal that the Z-Liner allows you to sleep at least 20 degrees colder than you could without it under the same conditions.

Standard Features: Stuff sack large enough to hold hammock when Z-Liner is installed;

Optional Features: Small stuff sack to hold the insulation alone; Camouflaging."
    MML--The Man, The Myth, and the Legend

"I am the eagle, I live in high country, in rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky;
    I am the hawk and there's blood on my feathers, but time is still turning they soon will be dry;
    All those who see me, and all who believe in me, share in the freedom I feel when I fly.”
    John Denver--1943-1997

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I just got some feedback from Clark on the ZT 200 underquilt:
    Looks like it is for the TX250 tropical only and not designed to fit the NX250.
    Here is what they said:
    The ZT-200 (which was just made available for sale) does not fit the NX-250 model. It only fits the TX-250 model (which was also recently released as a Tropical version of the NX-250). The Z-200 Z-Liner fits the NX-250. There are pictures and info available here: (click on Features to see parts).

Pictures of the TX-250 and its underquilt (ZT-200) will be available in the next couple of weeks on our website.
    Last edited by MML; 03-06-2012 at 10:11. Reason: Wrong model # on description

"I am the eagle, I live in high country, in rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky;
    I am the hawk and there's blood on my feathers, but time is still turning they soon will be dry;
    All those who see me, and all who believe in me, share in the freedom I feel when I fly.”
    John Denver--1943-1997

Hammock
    Clark nx250
    Suspension
    SlapStrap & Whoopi
    According to an email I had from clark, its basically like the normal zliner foot piece, except super huge so it covers the whole bottom of the tx hammocks.

Supposedly they are going to release them for the vertex as well.

However, I would seriously just go with a normal underquilt. It will compress just as well, and is more versitile. The only thing the zliner gives you is that you can pack it up on the hammock.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    This amuses me.

If I were to ask Clark to custom build a hammock for me, I'd point out how little different the custom model would be and how it would have almost no cost implications: I'd only ask them to sew the pockets further out toward the ends of the way Tropical II so they were not covered by a partial UQ.

So the pockets are already further out on the foot longer TX-250?

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin42 View Post
    According to an email I had from clark, its basically like the normal zliner foot piece, except super huge so it covers the whole bottom of the tx hammocks.

Supposedly they are going to release them for the vertex as well.

However, I would seriously just go with a normal underquilt. It will compress just as well, and is more versitile. The only thing the zliner gives you is that you can pack it up on the hammock.
    That is true. Your correct on the normal UQ. That is why I carry the KAQ 2/3 lost river underquilt in my G4 pack for those trips when there is a below 40 probability. Otherwise if above 40 forcasted it is just me, my quilt and the Clark hammock.
    I still want to see what this thing looks like when they get a pic on their site.

John Denver--1943-1997

• + New Posts