DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis

PIF - I lost :(

Just thought I'd share a less than pleasant experience in the PIF world.

Please understand I'm not screaming so much for me (I can't honestly say I NEEDED the item which I didn't receive)....just bummed that our wonderful community of selflessness and sharing has had a hiccup.

Awhile back I "won" a PIF and sent out one of my own to another member. The sender of my incoming item would soon send my item! A bit of time went by and I PM'd about it - he said he thought he sent it and would check. Nothing. A bit later I checked with him and he said he had been busy and the wife would send it on a certain date. Well, you guessed it....it's been well over the amount of time it should take so I sent him another PM - no reponse at all this time. I typed and almost sent another PM, then thought "either he has a really bad problem, one far greater than my tiny item, or he doesn't care so why let it bother me". No more PM's to follow.

All my whining aside - this forum is still one of, if not the most, generous and friendly on the 'net. I'll go as far as saying it's one of the most welcoming and helpful communities of any kind on or off the 'net.

Thank you, sincerely, to all of you who make this such a great place. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Unfortunately, there were several instances of that happening in the old PIF threads. It's partially the reason why there is now a set of specific PIF rules and a spreadsheet to track them. Interestingly, it seemed to be just a couple of members that didn't fulfill their offers.

The moderators will simply remove PIF forum access for anyone that shows a pattern of abusing the nature of the PIFs. That's not meant to be a punitive measure, but it seems fair given the open and sharing ideal of PIF's in general.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

PM sent!!!!!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

For the record I was not the one who shafted Funny Money on his PIF, I was inquiring what the item was, as I may be able to PIF it to him! People who do that sort of thing really burn me up!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY DWR nylon
    Insulation
    DIY pad
    Suspension
    Depends
    You sent your's. So, paid forward. That'll come back to you, if Cranky Bear has not already taken care of it.
    An emergency of my own making...is still an emergency.

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Cranky's generosity is the epitome of the HF spirit, IMO. So many, many examples of it around here that I can't count them. I appreciate the kindness extended by all around here. I don't need anything, though Many thanks!

Now let's get back to hangin'.
    Last edited by Otter1; 07-03-2011 at 17:49. Reason: add last line

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 dbl
    Tarp
    Edge w/ Dutch CRL
    Insulation
    MambaTQ/PhoenixUQ
    Suspension
    D. Buckle/Whoopies
    Images
    Same thing happened to me. But you've got the right mentality Funny Money! Good karma always follows when you keep a cool head! Besides, it's not worth getting all hot 'n bothered over something probably worth less than 25 buckaroos. And yes, this forum is so amazingly nice, I love the people here!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Well....always sorry to hear that!!!!!
    Like the response though.

Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    glad it worked out for ya man
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    Clark NX-250, ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Tarp
    Insulation
    Clark Pockets
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Funny Money sorry to hear about that as I had the exact same thing happen to me and at least 2 other people by the same person. Thankfully that person has been removed access from the thread and hopefully there will not be anymore problems from him...

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast