Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    My Rat Terrier loves to sleep with me in the hammock, but barks if she hears something. Waking up to a dog barking right near your ear is not fun...
    She wanted in the hammock with me so bad one day she jumped on top of the bugnet. LOL....
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Practice at home. Get your dog used to sleeping under the hammock when you're in the back yard. Then anywhere you hang it will become his/her home turf.

Hammock
    Gt UL, 1.7 wbbb
    Tarp
    GG, monsoon,suprfl
    Insulation
    PLUQ, jarbidge, di
    Suspension
    Whoopie wb-strap
    Images
    my rat terrier climbs to the bottom of my sleeping bag! Goofy Dog does that same thing though barks at everything. It is rather humorous though watching her try to quickly get out of the bag when she hears something.

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    Zpacks Asym
    Insulation
    WB Yeti
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    Practice at home. Get your dog used to sleeping under the hammock when you're in the back yard. Then anywhere you hang it will become his/her home turf.
    Good point. Going to have to build a hammock stand. No trees un the yard and my fence us ancient.
    Ground=Cold+Hard+Wet

Solution!!!! Sleep in a TREE

I put a loop around my hammock & attached the dog to this. Meant he didn't pull my wrist off and didn't get tangled if he jumped on/off different sides.

Still didn't sleep a wink as every time a twig fell he jerked awake. For about 10 minutes he was really comfortable but then got too cold/hot/cramped & got in/out/wriggled. The next time I'll anchor him to a tree/ground spike & pitch a kennel

I have found that our dogs alert percepton hightens when camping, as compared to being at home. Allows me to sleep deeper, knowing if something isnt wright, I'll now about it in short time.

We were camping on top of a Mtn in NC, about 2 in the morning a small heard of dear crossed our camp, you should of heard the dogs. We keep our two GS tied, as we dont want them chasing after game, nor doing any harm to them. They will certanly let you know if some one or thing is coming into camp, that dont belong there.

Really enjoy having my 2 GS along hiking and camping. Two big for a hammock though.

My wife rescued a minature poddle, that use to sleep under the covers at home near my groin, so I know Fronkey, how tosty they can keep you, and vis versa.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    GoLiteTQ/3SPhoenix
    Suspension
    DG whoopies + MSH
    Images
    When I'm at a place that requires a leash and I'm lounging around camp, I do keep my beagle on an Amsteel line strung between the same trees that I tie my hammock to. I have a 6-8 inch piece of Zing-it with a loop in each end and I hook it to the Amsteel line and the top of his harness via 2 s-biners. It is important that you don't use a solid piece of hardware to hook the dog to the line because if the dog turns in circles they can effectively screw themselves down tight to the line, hence the small piece of Zing-it.

This keeps my beagle from tangling with my tieouts and still gives him room to move as well as a dry place if it starts raining. You could easily leave your dog on that during the night so he can get up and move if so desired, but limit him so he won't wander too far or get into mischief! I would especially do this at first until he is used to sleeping under the hammock and staying, as WV said.

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    Zpacks Asym
    Insulation
    WB Yeti
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanging View Post
    I have found that our dogs alert percepton hightens when camping, as compared to being at home. Allows me to sleep deeper, knowing if something isnt wright, I'll now about it in short time.

We were camping on top of a Mtn in NC, about 2 in the morning a small heard of dear crossed our camp, you should of heard the dogs. We keep our two GS tied, as we dont want them chasing after game, nor doing any harm to them. They will certanly let you know if some one or thing is coming into camp, that dont belong there.

Really enjoy having my 2 GS along hiking and camping. Two big for a hammock though.

My wife rescued a minature poddle, that use to sleep under the covers at home near my groin, so I know Fronkey, how tosty they can keep you, and vis versa.
    Are you using a long lead tied to a tree? Thought of doing that too.
    Ground=Cold+Hard+Wet

Solution!!!! Sleep in a TREE

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    GoLiteTQ/3SPhoenix
    Suspension
    DG whoopies + MSH
    Images
    You can also practice with a chain when car camping to make sure your dog won't chew through it when staked out and wanting to chase an animal. Mine wouldn't chew it, but some dogs will

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WB, ZPacks
    Insulation
    Incubators/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoppie/Strap
    Images
    I pitch my tarp low to the ground. Put down a CCF pad and a custom AHE quilt Paul made for my dog. If it's not too cold he sleeps on top inside my tarp. If it's cold, he sleep inside the quilt (like a taco). Sorry for the bad pics but you get the idea.

S
    Attached Images Attached Images

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast