CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    my camera only takes short videos lolneo
    you figured out what you want to say in the video yet?

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    thank you so much for this video, I bought the clark after seeing it at a scouting event. I asked all kinds of questions of the owner but didn't even think to ask how to hang it up!!! I should have watched this guy when he took it down but I was busy with my troop and couldn't get over to him. Found your video and played it several times before my first backyard attempt to hang it. I'd put it up, sit in it, adjust the ropes. Then I'd pack it back up. Then do it all over again using a different set of trees. When my first camping trip came(3 days after getting the clark!!), I was a bit nervous to be depending on a hammock instead of my tent but I decided it was time. Best first nights sleep camping I've ever had. (usually my first night out camping, I'm so worked up, that I just toss and turn all night) not this time!! And when I got back home, I wanted to see if some of the issues I had (bug netting not being tight or hanging high enough) was addressed on your video so I've watched it a few more times. I think every time I watch it, I gain a new piece of info to help me set up my clark. So, thank you very very much for making my camping with my new clark so much better than if I'd just had to do trial and error.
    TinaLouise

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Tina it's my pleasure I too had a hard time the first time that I got my Clark partly because my hammock was taken apart before I got home and had some issues on where ever thing went. Secondly It was not just a plan hammock it had all kinds of different thing on it that I was not use too. I was told when I joined this forum that there was a learning curve to camping in a hammock and I found out first hand. My first night was pretty uneventful but I didn't sleep well. As time grew on it's has been the best thing I have ever done since. It has made my camping and backpacking more enjoyable for me at least it has offered me a second chance at being out doors I hated sleeping in a tent even as a kid I would find my self sleeping on picnic tables instead and if fowl weather came I was forced to sleep in the tent.

Tina it is great that you practiced so hard before you left out on your trip it does take some of the unknown's out of the picture that way. I hope you have continued success with you Clark and hope more of your scouts start hanging too.

Thanks for the kind words and I will be putting out a video for the Vertex as soon as some of these widow makers fall from the trees we still have not gotten over the Ice Storm here in January. Its really not safe to hang many places now you have to be more selective of where you hang.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234