orange county ca newbie help

Hello forum i just recently aquired my first camping hammock and know am in a eager rush to get another as ive already passed this new one off to the old ladie as she seems interested as of know

so with the little experience ive had with this one is that its nice easy to set up and isbuilt quite well hennesy with the bottom tjhat opens up with velcro and you crawl in

well i was looking over eno double large and was wondering if its a decent to any of the hennesys or should i just go with another hennesy and do the mod to the bug screen as that was the issue i was having with the hammock

also im located in orange county ca and was wondering does any one know where a group of adult men who camp who drink and who want a awsome fire to cook on and threw the night which wont cost a bunch of money to stay at with minimal location of people as we dont want to bother any one or us im looking for something within 150 miles or so from orange county

thanks guys for the info and the help

Hammock
    Skeeter Beater Pro
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly Camo
    Insulation
    DIY PLUQ w/Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Well I am new to the Hammock so I won't weigh in on that portion. But what I am familiar with is finding out of the way places throughout california. Check out the BLM website. This is just a portion of the public land available in this state. Most of it is free to use some areas have a small fee. Be sure to read the regs on fires before you blaze away.

http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en.html

OBTW Welcome from Cen*Cal

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    So... Since I don't have a Hennessey.. can't help you there, but many people like the blackbird from http://warbonnetoutdoors.com I also hear good things about Papa Smurf's hammocks: http://mydiygear.com

As far as a location to go camp, drink, and be merry... primitive camping is allowed in the anza-borrego state park... 4wd recommended, but small trucks make it into the various washes... Font's Wash is a great place. No trees, of course...

John in San Diego
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

yes

The fire is the biggest problems weve been having as we want it controlled and safe but also be able to have one we live so close to the city almost all the places where u can actually pay to pitch doesnt allow fires even up in azusa but i will take a look

John we have heard of anza borrego and i drive a yaris will i make it and can i hang only hanger in the group but trying to convert them

As far as a location to go camp, drink, and be merry... primitive camping is allowed in the anza-borrego state park... 4wd recommended, but small trucks make it into the various washes... Font's Wash is a great place. No trees, of course...

Hammock
    Skeeter Beater Pro
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly Camo
    Insulation
    DIY PLUQ w/Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    A Yaris? They sell those to men? Just kidding. LOL couldn't pass it up.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by profotoiam View Post
    John we have heard of anza borrego and i drive a yaris will i make it and can i hang only hanger in the group but trying to convert them
    I have seen a BMW make it the 4 miles down font's wash... I guess the question is: how much do you like your yarris?

There are no trees in the desert... unless you can hang in your yarris, I think you'll have to carry a stand... I have one you can borrow, but it won't fit in your car.
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

ive drifted my little yaris more than a few times so alittle off roading wont stop me rofl but yea no tree is kinda a pain in the *** maybe ill get the old tent out for a trip like this

• + New Posts