Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RTR View Post
    Yeah that makes me happy. And I see that it is shipping from Boulder, Colorado so I am really confused. Ahhhh ether way I will get it when I get it, no sense worrying when it is gonna get here as I cant make it go any faster.
    Um isn't Boulder, Colorado home of Treklight hammocks?

www.treklightgear.com/catalog/pc/home.asp
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    Parachute nylon hammock
    Hello there RTR, sorry for the late reply. Yes, just like headchange4u said, we ship directly from our factory in Indonesia, your hammock(s) will arrive at your front door in 3 to 7 business days. It's traceable, we will send you the tracking number to track your order progress to destination. We never make any problem in shipping but for our info, we don't ships to PO BOXES, also don't forget to enter your phone number.

Happy Hammocking!
    Feel like utopist today? click here

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts Top/Btm
    Suspension
    Whoo-Pie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticFringer View Post
    Um isn't Boulder, Colorado home of Treklight hammocks?

www.treklightgear.com/catalog/pc/home.asp
    Yeah seems like the more I read about the difference between the TTTM, ENO and Treklight hammocks they seem to be one and the same. This isn't anything new as quit a few people here (You know who you are ) have pointed out a bunch of similarities between the 3. Ether way if the hammocks are from the same place or not they each have a sweet kit.

Honestly I went with the TTTM folks because I love the name, the price and the vibe they give. As far as what I have read from here and quality is concerned, I do not think you could go wrong with any of them, but the TTTM folks sold me far over the others.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts Top/Btm
    Suspension
    Whoo-Pie Slings
    Images

Unhappy Kinda Sad

Never got my hammock. So after 3 e-mails with no responce I canceled my order and made my own.

hammockhero: Thanks again for your help with this and I apologize for you having to be linked to some of the other lesser resellers for TTTM.

Hammock
    Parachute nylon hammock
    No problem, just make sure you buy directly from our webstore or any authorized dealer listed on the site.
    Feel like utopist today? click here

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Hammockhero, RTR's apparently "unauthorized" reseller certainly did not help your company's image in this case.

RTR was so unhappy with his experience that he cancelled the order. I'd certainly hope that's not indicative of what other customers trying to buy your hammocks are going through while using this reseller.

To be honest, I have no idea what other methods of communication RTR might have tried to contact this company, or any other details of the non-sale. Still, do you do any periodic reviews or follow-ups with companies that are or will be reselling TTTM gear?

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts Top/Btm
    Suspension
    Whoo-Pie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrick View Post
    Hammockhero, RTR's apparently "unauthorized" reseller certainly did not help your company's image in this case.

RTR was so unhappy with his experience that he cancelled the order. I'd certainly hope that's not indicative of what other customers trying to buy your hammocks are going through while using this reseller.

To be honest, I have no idea what other methods of communication RTR might have tried to contact this company, or any other details of the non-sale. Still, do you do any periodic reviews or follow-ups with companies that are or will be reselling TTTM gear?
    If you have not learned from my experience, my suggestion to those who decide to buy from someone other than Hero would be to call or e-mail the company prior to ordering and have them get back to you so you at least know the lines of communication are open. I called and left a few messages on the number listed on the site but still never heard back. Should have been my first step. Hind Sight 20/20. Well my first step should have been to order from HammockHero .

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH fly / 3x3m tarp
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underbl.
    Suspension
    Webbing + buckle
    Images
    Hi Hammockhero,

I ordered the camo XL hammock some time ago, it was delivered in 5 days!

My question: Why are the sides put on seperately? Couldn't the hammock be made of 1 big piece of fabric, or would that make the hammock different?

(I find the sides a bit floppy, and I wonder how it would be if the hammock was made from 1 piece.)

Hammock
    TTTM King Size
    Tarp
    Camo Diamond Fly
    Suspension
    Webbing + rings
    Quote Originally Posted by Thijzzz View Post
    My question: Why are the sides put on seperately? Couldn't the hammock be made of 1 big piece of fabric, or would that make the hammock different?

(I find the sides a bit floppy, and I wonder how it would be if the hammock was made from 1 piece.)
    I think the fabric isn't made any wider so you need to add the sides seperately if you want a wider model. I don't think it would make much difference.

I have one too, if you read the TTTM double review here on the forum you can see that you can use the sides to fold over you. I tested it and it works, I added a non structural ridge line and some clothespins to keep it in place. Nice

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH fly / 3x3m tarp
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underbl.
    Suspension
    Webbing + buckle
    Images
    Hey Hugo,

The non-structural ridgeline is a really good idea! I knew the "fold the sides over" technique, my brother even has a small carabiner sewn in to easily fold it over and attach to the bag on the other side. But the ridgeline could make it into a tent!

I have some elastic shock cord left, that would do the trick I think. It would also accomodate for the sagging once you get in or move around. Great idea!
    Last edited by Thijzzz; 11-01-2009 at 11:34.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast