Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Babys love to sleep with you in hammocks. I found that my baby falls asleap faster in the hammock then in the recliner.

Hammock
    Homemade 1.9oz
    Tarp
    Homemade cuben
    Insulation
    Homemade synthetic
    Suspension
    Strap-biner-buckle
    Images
    Breeze, that looks awesome. I really like that camo. I'm just about done on my DIY gallery for my site. If you'd like to share your pics and any tips/advice/pitfalls that you came across, I'd love to have them.

Shirts are on the way to me now and you'll get yours soon (you, too, TOG!). Anyone else looking to buy a shirt, check out my website for details. All of the profits go to the ATC.

Did you end up going with the Climashield XP? I'm very interested in hearing how that performs.
    Last edited by Patrick; 01-18-2007 at 12:48. Reason: I've always got more to say

Images

Talking kickass underquilt

temp 40 wind 20 to 25 miles and hour 25 degree bag with the wind I felt like I needed some type of windshield. It was like sleeping on a water bed that was a few degrees off not cold but just cool. then about 1.30 the wind stopped and it got down to about 29 degrees not 25 like they said ,but was warm then plus really tightened up the sides of the underquilt and dropped the ends some. I think if i would have had a small windshield cover to slide in to block some of the wind it would have been great . the climishield xp done fine but i think when I make the next one i will go with something different because It looked like a second or something because it had thin places than there were thick places like when you start production or something and I had to stretch it about 4ins when I got it so I think I would use something else just my two but turned out good when done thanks for all the help.

ps the three tenters that went said they all got cold so that underquilt must kick @@@. cool beans
    Last edited by The Breeze; 01-18-2007 at 17:43.
    Bear bait what??? Your It!!!!!!!!

Hammock
    Homemade 1.9oz
    Tarp
    Homemade cuben
    Insulation
    Homemade synthetic
    Suspension
    Strap-biner-buckle
    Images
    Sounds like the Climashield is pretty good stuff. Sometimes you get a bit of a layer with the 3D, too, but it's never been an issue that I've seen.

I hope you don't mean you're stretching the body of the underquilt when you get in? You want it to just touch the hammock bottom when get in. That's where the elastic attachment comes in really useful. You can have it a little snug and they'll give so that you're not stretching the insulation and making it thinner.

The wind can definitely rob a lot of heat. Site selection and tarp set-up really make a difference. Stuff like the Garlington Taco or the JRB Weathershield also seem like they would really help if you find yourself in the windy cold a lot.

Hammock
    diy
    Tarp
    diy 9x11
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniveller
    Suspension
    CBs + DCs
    Images
    Breeze, your quilt looks great !

Thanks for posting the pics...

Perkolady