Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images

SOLD: Nomad Tent.

It breaks my heart, this is my favorite tent EVER! & I know there will probably not be many buyers on HF, but I must try, so will start here.

So, if you or a friend needs a great solo tent, weighing in at 2 Lbs, this is the tent for you!
    What: 1999 Nomad tent made by Wanderlust gear. All Sil nylon with a bug net door & window. The Nomad also has a small vestibule (more of an awning actually) that is adjustable according to weather conditions; You can leave it open by just throwing the awning over the tent, or by rolling it up & tying in place with the included mitten hook. Or fully extend & stake it out using one 2 piece pole (included) & a tent stake (not included), in moderately poor weather, you can partially close the awning, or in severe weather (almost) fully close up. The Nomad is low & has no flat surfaces facing the wind, as it is a modified Pyramid shape. The Nomad can be set up in as small a space as 10' X 3.5' so needs minimal space, & at 5' 7" I can sit up inside the tent. all 4 poles are made of aircraft aluminum.
    The body of the tent is gray sil nylon, with the floor being black sil nylon. The floor also has small beads of silicon to reduce sliding on the floor. Per the Manufacturer, the black color makes for faster drying.
    The 1" PVC elbow is painted orange as it sometimes falls out when packing or unpacking, & after a few times having issues finding it, I painted it orange. Problem solved!

Pic #1: is the head end, inside spreader bar, it gives a bit more head room, there is an identical one at the foot end.
    Pic #2: is the elbow that you put the tips of your adjustable hiking poles in as the main supports.
    Pic #3: Is the Nomad set up for a nice day, so you can look at the stars. I always set up with the awning fully deployed, then lay the support pole down & tossed the awning over the tent.
    Pic #4: Outside view of the head end spreader bar.
    Pic #5: The awning fully deployed.
    Pic #6: I used to find a small rock when I camped to put under the awning support, then I started to carry a Coke bottle top, this usually kept the pole from sinking into the ground, usually.
    Pic #7: Awning rigged for storm conditions.
    Pic #8: Mitten hook & loop adjustment for rigging the awning for storms.
    Pic #9: The 4 aluminum poles, included.

Note, the spreader bars can be left out thereby allowing for a lower weight. Each spreader bar weighs in at 1/4 oz

The Nomad was very lovingly used for about 30 nights.

I am asking $100.00 plus shipping. Stuff sack (lost to a heavy wind) & 3 tent stakes not included. Package includes: Nomad tent, 1" PVC elbow, 4 aluminum poles & a 2.5' piece of climbers accessory cord.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Doctari; 02-02-2012 at 14:31. Reason: Left out info
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

Hammock
    HH Explorer, Exped, WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Edge,MacCat Mic
    Insulation
    Phoenix, Incubator
    Suspension
    Stock
    I sold mine on ebay a few years ago. These were the first UL tent, and still light by today's standards.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    This one weighed 2 lbs last time I weighed it, with 3 aluminum "shepherds hook" tent stakes & the stuff sack. As the stuff sack is somewhere along the AT in the Smokies, (Last seen heading East at about 40 mph) I suppose the full weight is about 1/6 ounce lighter now.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7DL
    Tarp
    HG CF 4s
    Insulation
    Shamu & RAB
    Suspension
    All in One whoopie
    Images
    This is so tempting. I have a friend who has asked me to repair his SD tent from 20 years ago or make him a Bilgy tarp tent. All, so he can join me on the Knobstone trail this summer.

This thing looks to similar in size to the 2 person Bilgy and the price is right. I'm gonna have to check my balances and make sure I can manage it before I commit though.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    FYI Aaron, it's a ONE person tent. Two people about the size of DIY hiker, who were VERY friendly, could maybe fit in it. Maybe!
    I was comfortable (plenty of room) at 5' 7" & 200 lbs, and my gear all fit inside with me. My 5' 9" 100 lb son wasn't too tall for it, maybe 2 of him could fit, again, they would have to be REAL friendly!

Banned
    Hammock
    Nylon between two trees.
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    enLIGHTened Eqmt.
    Suspension
    Made Some Whoopie!
    Just an FYI, this is the same design as the Lightheart Gear tents being sold at twice the price of this one. Great tent.

http://www.lightheartgear.com/index....b8d8162be1e35e

BF

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    and it is a collectors item! As a hanger we never want to grovel but if one had too the Nomad is a primo way to go....someone jump on this.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7DL
    Tarp
    HG CF 4s
    Insulation
    Shamu & RAB
    Suspension
    All in One whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctari View Post
    FYI Aaron, it's a ONE person tent. Two people about the size of DIY hiker, who were VERY friendly, could maybe fit in it. Maybe!
    I was comfortable (plenty of room) at 5' 7" & 200 lbs, and my gear all fit inside with me. My 5' 9" 100 lb son wasn't too tall for it, maybe 2 of him could fit, again, they would have to be REAL friendly!
    That's fine the person who would be using it is small, half my size easly. I think I'm gonna take it he says he'll pay me back.

PM inbound
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    WB SF
    Insulation
    DIY CimaShield TQ
    Bump...
    I have seen these and love them. Unfortunately I have my tent. Great buy!

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End 1.9
    Tarp
    STS 10x10 Escapist
    Insulation
    DIY Full Length UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Straps
    I so want to get this...but I have to wait 14 days for my tax return to arrive GLWS

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast