DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Definitely registering interest for at least Saturday. I might be able to get Saturday off, Friday is less likely.

We'll see as the date approaches...

Hammock
    Hennessy 1.6ULB, WBBB 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Jarbidge,Sierra
    Suspension
    Straps
    It looks like I may be free that weekend and I would like to get back up to Lake Arbuckle. I will try to schedule this in.
    "Not all those who wander are lost"

Hammock
    Blackbird Double Layer 1.0
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    3 Season Yeti UQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    I'm pretty much planning a primitive weekend. Very basic hot water meals. I plan on being as simplified as possible. But I will bring my camera to see those cypress trees everyone raves about. And, speaking of unique cypress trees... How about the Senator catching fire and collapsing this past weekend. 3500 year old!!?? Very sad affair.

edo

Hammock
    WBB 1.1 double
    Tarp
    Mack Cat Deluxe
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by edhess View Post
    I'm pretty much planning a primitive weekend. Very basic hot water meals. I plan on being as simplified as possible. But I will bring my camera to see those cypress trees everyone raves about. And, speaking of unique cypress trees... How about the Senator catching fire and collapsing this past weekend. 3500 year old!!?? Very sad affair.

edo
    Atleast it was from natural causes so to say, a lightning strike??? That was pretty fitting end to the tree instead of arson or bugs eating it rotten. All in all, a sad day and everyone who has been to see the tree will cherrish the memory of experiencing the feeling of standing at the bottom and looking up at it's beauty.......

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by edhess View Post

edo
    Pretty much what I had in mind. Just enough hiking and sightseeing to work up a good nights sleep.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    I'm bringing only my tiny little Bushcooker Lt1 with Grizly Adam's tiny little alky stove as an insert. I won Grizz's stove at the Florida Hang raffle. Unless of course it's raining cats & dogs: then I'll bring the Emberlit ti with a gallon of gasoline
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    WBB 1.1 double
    Tarp
    Mack Cat Deluxe
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Ok, I have a video of the campsite but............. I don't know how to upload pics or vids to the thread. LOL Someone help steer me to the instuctions on this.... OK?

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 11 WB
    Insulation
    3S Phnx/1S GoLite
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Images
    So while Islander and I were being forced to relax, enjoy a beautiful view, a nice campfire, and the noise (frogs, crickets, and owls were all competing for the microphone) I discussed a couple of ideas for this hang. I would like a little feedback but will probably go ahead with both if there is even a small bit of participation (I think Islander is already in).

1. After seeing all of the garbage that has washed ashore I decided to offer everyone the chance to help us out and pick up trash during our hike along the lake shore. I'll bring garbage bags and in exchange for your labor I am offering up free admission for the weekend ($2/person/day).

2. I can sherpa in my DO on Friday morning and stash it near the camp site and if everyone pitches in to buy/carry in some of the fixin's then we can have mountain man breakfast Saturday and Sunday mornings. It is only about a 45 minute hike (about 2 miles) to get to the camp site so I'm also probably going to bring in my camp chair so that I'm extra comfortable while I'm out there (I'll also bring plenty of bug spray)

I'll probably do #1 either way... of those that are definitely coming, what do you think about the second idea?

Dave
    The best things in life aren't things. -- Art Buchwald

Hammock
    Switchback
    Tarp
    OES MacCat's
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by samsara View Post
    So while Islander and I were being forced to relax, enjoy a beautiful view, a nice campfire, and the noise (frogs, crickets, and owls were all competing for the microphone) I discussed a couple of ideas for this hang. I would like a little feedback but will probably go ahead with both if there is even a small bit of participation (I think Islander is already in).

1. After seeing all of the garbage that has washed ashore I decided to offer everyone the chance to help us out and pick up trash during our hike along the lake shore. I'll bring garbage bags and in exchange for your labor I am offering up free admission for the weekend ($2/person/day).

2. I can sherpa in my DO on Friday morning and stash it near the camp site and if everyone pitches in to buy/carry in some of the fixin's then we can have mountain man breakfast Saturday and Sunday mornings. It is only about a 45 minute hike (about 2 miles) to get to the camp site so I'm also probably going to bring in my camp chair so that I'm extra comfortable while I'm out there (I'll also bring plenty of bug spray)

I'll probably do #1 either way... of those that are definitely coming, what do you think about the second idea?

Dave
    Anyone not participating, can eat cold, stale pop-tarts while we enjoy a fresh serving of Mountain Man Breakfast!

Hammock
    WBB 1.1 double
    Tarp
    Mack Cat Deluxe
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I was gonna volunteer to carry the lid and half a bag of charcoal. . . So I am in for bringing some of the fixins!!!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast