Hammock
    Hennessy UL Backpacker Asym
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HH Supershelter
    Suspension
    MSH,Whoopie slings
    Also, in case you're wanting the SS stuff sack, I think it is impossible to get the pad + undercover back into that thing. It took me a fair bit of effort just to get the pad in there. I leave the hammock / mylar sheet / undercover assembly inside my snakeskins and just took the pad out and packed it separately. And then when I get home, I lay the pad out on the floor, fold in half lengthwise and roll it up very tightly so it will actually fit into the supplied sack.
    Keep close to Nature's heart... and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.
    - John Muir

Hammock
    HH Backpacker UL
    Tarp
    Oware flattarp
    Insulation
    Custom HG 40* UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by shhQuiet View Post
    Also, in case you're wanting the SS stuff sack, I think it is impossible to get the pad + undercover back into that thing. It took me a fair bit of effort just to get the pad in there. I leave the hammock / mylar sheet / undercover assembly inside my snakeskins and just took the pad out and packed it separately. And then when I get home, I lay the pad out on the floor, fold in half lengthwise and roll it up very tightly so it will actually fit into the supplied sack.
    Similarly, I leave the undercover on and snakeskin it with the hammock. I take out the pad and the mylar. It works because I hand my tarp seperately.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe+2QZQ Mod #4
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    Quote Originally Posted by shhQuiet View Post
    I"ve never had an issue getting the pad in or out of the stuff sack...and you can fit the undercover back in there too, if you're careful.

First step, turn the double ended stuff sack inside out, so the black inside is now the outside.

Second, fold the pad in half lengthwise, so it's now half as wide as it was but still just as long.

Next, fold the pad in half the other direction, so that it's now 1/4 of the size it was.

From there, even up the ends, and roll it up from the tapered in towards what's the center of the pad, as tightly as you can.

Once done, hold it closed with one hand, and take the inside out stuff sack/bishop bag and start rolling it down from one end...as though you're rolling a sock back up your leg after it's roll down. This turns the bag rightside out, over the pad.

Voila!

If you've made the pad small enough, you'll have a little bit of excess room you can shove the undercover into if you'd like. I either leave the undercover on my hammock or remove it and store it in a seperate stuff sack with the overcover and space blanket.

It's not hard to do at all once you've figured out the "trick" of rolling the inside out bag back down over the pad, rather than trying to slide it down the pad.

Hammock
    Hennessy UL Backpacker Asym
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HH Supershelter
    Suspension
    MSH,Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    It's not hard to do at all once you've figured out the "trick" of rolling the inside out bag back down over the pad, rather than trying to slide it down the pad.
    You sir, are a genius! I'll definitely give this a try! +1
    Keep close to Nature's heart... and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.
    - John Muir

Hammock
    DangerBird 72
    Tarp
    Kelty 12' for now
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin 20°
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling, DIY
    Does the undercover hold pretty close to the hammock bottom somehow? Would it hold a down quilt up to the bottom of the hammock without compressing the down too much? If not down, say a synthetic quilt?

Just wondering if it could be enhanced with other insulation besides pads. Thanks for your feedback.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB, Leighlo FLUQ
    Suspension
    Webbing
    I have two IX pads made by MacEntyre that are patterned off the hennessy pad. I was thinking to order a hennessy over cover and under cover for my hammock. right now i have a leighlo 20* quilt FL and i am using my GT ultralight hammock as a over cover. it seams to do the job just wondering if i shoul spring for a hennessy over cover and under cover to minimized fiddle factor?

Does anyone know if hennessy makes a under cover with out the slit entrance since they now make zipper models?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jefftrex View Post
    I have two IX pads made by MacEntyre that are patterned off the hennessy pad. I was thinking to order a hennessy over cover and under cover for my hammock. right now i have a leighlo 20* quilt FL and i am using my GT ultralight hammock as a over cover. it seams to do the job just wondering if i shoul spring for a hennessy over cover and under cover to minimized fiddle factor?

Does anyone know if hennessy makes a under cover with out the slit entrance since they now make zipper models?
    I don't think so.

Hammock
    HH Explorer
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock/OMW
    Insulation
    Leighlo , HH SS
    Suspension
    WB adj web
    Quote Originally Posted by jefftrex View Post
    The HH covers are way less fiddling, if you use the SS and the UQ at the same time put the UQ on the outside of the SS.

Hammock
    HH Backpacker UL
    Tarp
    Oware flattarp
    Insulation
    Custom HG 40* UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveJJ View Post
    Does the undercover hold pretty close to the hammock bottom somehow? Would it hold a down quilt up to the bottom of the hammock without compressing the down too much? If not down, say a synthetic quilt?

Just wondering if it could be enhanced with other insulation besides pads. Thanks for your feedback.
    I think you could do this, but like the open cell pad in the SS, you may want to string some shock cord on the ends of the down quilt and attach it up to the hammock to give it some support. This would keep it from bunching up or sliding down and it should lessen the quilt from sagging and creating a gap in the undercover. (You're essentially turning the quilt into an UQ)

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Deluxe
    Insulation
    LeighLo UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies n toggles
    If I missed it, I'm sorry for repeating, but...does the radiant double bubble pad by Hennessy fit into the HHSS somewhere. I just got my pad today. Thinking about the SS next.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast