Quote Originally Posted by BrianWillan View Post
I've built myself a roll up toboggan to accommodate the canvas condo and woodstove. So I have 2 of the Pelican™Snow Trek 45 Utility Sleds that have been outfitted with basic tie downs that I can loan out/sell (cheap) to anyone that wants one. I won't be able to haul them to Algonquin as I won't have room in my car for them.
Quote Originally Posted by dant8ro View Post
Ok, with that minor modification I'm now looking for snowshoes... and a pulk.... I don't like the MSR shoes at MEC and am looking at a set of Ojibwes.... God this camping thing gets expensive...
Dant8ro,

As we know, good gear lasts a lifetime if looked after. For your snowshoes, head over to Canadian Outdoor Equipment company. They will have what you seek. I also have a pair of the Pelican Snow Trek 45" sleds that have been modified for pulk use. They have tie out loops along the side. I also have 1 set of 5' PVC poles that were used as the rigid portion of the harness system. They are designed to have a rope run through them for the main attachment system. There is no hip belt or hauling rope included. I will sell them cheap. If interested, PM. Note, I can't haul them to Algonquin as they won't fit in my car with my other gear for the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Chard View Post
While you'll probably need snowshoes, I'm starting to wonder if we all need to have some from of pulk. Certainly we can share? Split the load between 2 or 3 sleds? If we stay on the mainly on the bike paths then we shouldn't need high tech pulks.. At least, that's my take on it.

Personally, I plan on bring my 5' aluminum standard downhill kid's toboggan. Served me well on 100+ ice fishing trips; should do for an overnighter! If we were bushwacking, then that might be a different story, but our trails are mostly flat and groomed. At least as far as the general area of our final site. (K.I.S.S.).
I think everyone should be responsible for hauling their own gear. My canvas condo and stove take up a fair amount of space and weight. I know, personally, I wouldn't want someone else to haul my gear. Basic kids sleds are readily available and quite cheap and rather easy to turn into a gear hauling device.

As we all know winter gear is bulky and more of it is required as we are venturing further from the vehicles, so it's not like making multiple trips to the cars is desirable or feasible.

Cheers

Brian