Tree Boat
    Tarp
    Guide
    Insulation
    CCF
    Suspension
    straps
    Bluenose climbers

I am a climber by trade (trees). Yes, I spend my working hours hanging in trees.

The people in my Province are referred to as Bluenosers for several reasons. The people in a neghbouring Province Newfoundland and Labrador are called Newfies. At an international tree climbing competition we were telling where we were from and when I said Nova Scotia on the East coast of Canada some one said " Oh you are a Newfie" and I replied " No a Bluenoser". The rest of the event I was referred to as The Bluenose Climber! It kind of stuck. My kids climb with me so that will explain the plural.

Images
    i've been kayak for years. i use kayak karl to separate myself from the other kayaks.
    i used to roll (on wheels) my kayak down main st. to the Delaware river every morn. past the news store, police station, post office and friends homes. others would say who is that idiot and they would say that's "Kayak Karl", it stuck. it's even my trail name. Gene Epsey said it was a bad trail name, but now he just laughs and says it fits.
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

my name
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    It's a version of the chemical formula for formaldehyde. I'm a funeral director. I admit...it's a little creepy.

Hammock
    Traveler
    Tarp
    Zpack Cuben
    Insulation
    LeighLo/Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I started my own graphic design company about 30 years ago. My last name is South and I named the company SouthMark Advertising & Design. A number of years later I entered into an arrangement with an advertising agency to handle most of there design needs. Their creative director started calling me SouthMark and it kind of stuck.

Hammock
    eno DN
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20° Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    It's a John Wayne thing.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I don't remember ever telling the story on here so glad you asked. Two Tents-trail name earned in the early 70's-short version, bear destroys buddies backpack, totally of no use to carry much of anything. I take his mattress in stuff sack, sleeping bag in stuff sack, tent in stuff sack, strap it all to my backpack along with all my stuff sacks. Now there is gear from my knees to above my head. I get ahead of him on the way to the truck. He is lagging behind carrying his remaining misc. gear under each arm. People stare and mouths open as I get to parking lot. Some one asks what da heck is all that gear? I don't explain anything, I just start at the top of the giant load of gear-" well that's two tents on top" uncontrolled laughter and speculation jokes of why anybody would have two of anything. My buddy shows up and soaks all the excitement in and the name stuck. Plus if I ever get stressed out and am too tense it works also.

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hcho View Post
    ...formaldehyde.
    I've always liked methanal (CH2O), peroxide (H2O2) and other simple molecules... they are most versatile!
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    I've worked with kids for years. At summer camps I run, they frequently call me "Uncle Mike".

Years ago one of the ways that we kept up with camp staff was through AIM (instant messaging) and a screen name was required. "Uncle Mike" made sense, however it was taken and rather than go "UncleMike789000078700" or some ridiculous number add on, I went with my initials = Uncle + MJM. Since then, that became my email of choice and formum SN as well.

Hammock
    GTs & DIYs
    Tarp
    Noah12'/Etowah10'
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    Lol, I'm not telling!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 247 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast