Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 2461

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Insulation
    800FP Nikwax
    Suspension
    Dutchwaregear

Cool MoonLitNite

Howdy, y'all and this will be my first post in HF! 50 years ago when most folks (military) based their handles on the initials for their First/Last name, I went with MidNight but when the Internet first emerged I decided to include my Middle initial so for Michael Leo Nistler I wanted to find something that included MLN and the rest is history... and I'm getting historic too, but don't tell my wife because I refuse to grow up!

Happy Trails,

Michael

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Insulation
    800FP Nikwax
    Suspension
    Dutchwaregear

In commemoration of Sparky

Quote Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
    mine is for the love of "peanuts"comic strip:d
    When Peanuts creator Charles Schulz left Minnesota, he moved to the Santa Rosa, California area and was loved by everyone. The Priest and Deacon at my Church regularly played golf with "Sparky" as his friends called him. One day Sparky asked Father Gary if he was ever tempted by a pretty woman and of course he said no. But Charles persisted and Fr. Gary finally professed that this professional tennis player looked great on the court (I forget her name, dating back 25 years). Sure enough, Sparky used his connections to have his assistant get a very large signed photograph of her (in her tennis outfit), personalized to Father Gary, who proudly kept it on the wall across from his desk in his office!

Great people have so many great stories that we will never know, but it's worth sharing to share our humanity. And long live Peanuts, too!

Cheers, Michael

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Insulation
    800FP Nikwax
    Suspension
    Dutchwaregear
    Fantastic, inspiring story that reminds me of a quote attributed to Albert Einstein...

Either you think everything in the Universe is a miracle or nothing is a miracle!

You, MM definitely are a living legend in your time!

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Miracle Man View Post
    My screen name came from my sisters. They started calling me Miracle Man once I emerged from being in a coma for a month. As a pedestrian I was hit by a very drunk driver in an SUV. He fled the scene but was later caught. He went to prison. Security camera footage from a nearby building established a timeline. I layed on the shoulder of the road bleeding into my brain all busted up for 28 minutes from the impact until EMT's and Troopers arrived. I had multiple skull fractures, broken nose, cheekbone flat to my face, broken shoulder, broken elbow and something called musceloskeletal damage to my pelvis, both femurs and both ankles. I was a mess.
    I went into the trauma ward of this region's largest hospital, ECMC. A month in a coma, five months in the hospital and 18 months of cognizance and physical therapy. I almost died twice. When he hit me and nine days into the coma. I am told I had a very "touch and go" day; spiking a high fever they could not break, irregular heartbeat/heart murmur all day, and a sepsis infection that would not respond to antibiotics. But I pulled through. Woulda flat out killed a lesser man I'm tellin' ya! Ha!
    anyway that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
    MM

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Warbonnet minifly
    Insulation
    EE underquilt, Kel
    Suspension
    Dynaweave Beckett
    I have been blazing trails since a child, started with dirtbikes then slowly transitioned to feet. My first name starts with J.

In my college days I enjoyed always bringing a ‘funny’ cigarette to celebrate mountain summits… which really made my trail name a double entendre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Mentally, I'm still in the Smokies"
    https://lighterpack.com/r/x0j67m

Someone called Hikaru Nakamura a clown pusher during his chess stream on Twitch and I laughed for at least a minute straight

Hammock
    WB BB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Supertarp
    Insulation
    WB Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie, HM UCR ++
    Hi All,

"Dai" is the Welsh equivalent of "Dave" & is pronounced "dye".

It's like my full name of David (that only my mother calls me) would by Dafydd in Welsh, which is pronounced "Dav-ith". (Welsh is a fun language that has some differences from Englsh, like the double-D there, which sounds like a flat "th". Don't even get me started on Double-L's, hehe).

So "Dai" or "Dave" are both fine by me.

Also in Wales, it's something that's more peculiar to smaller towns & villages but people are often known by their professions. I used to know a chip shop owner called Mr Jones, so he became "Jones The Chippy". Mr Evans the sheep farmer was "Evans The Sheep".

I like to hang so to have some fun & embrace that Welsh tradition, I chose "Dai The Hanger".
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________
    Head down, butt up & keep going... Until it's time to hang.
    Aaaaaaand relaxxxx

I used to have a Buell X1 Lightning way back in the day.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Superior Gear Elite 15f
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ, Hammock Gear,
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Baby Bird was one of the first many little nicknames I've called my 1 year old dog by affectionately. It's now the name of the canoe that carries me, him, and our gear on our many adventures together. So this is River in his very special rain gear in the Baby Bird, and River waiting to go to bed in his Cave Creek Pet Palace, which he adores.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    12' w/ zippered bugnet
    Tarp
    quiet ones
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    beetles, wasps
    cosmonaut is purely due to my obsession with space and the cosmos. typically astronaut names are taken on forums, so I default this way. my dad worked for a contractor during the space shuttle years, so we would watch every launch.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBird View Post
    Baby Bird was one of the first many little nicknames I've called my 1 year old dog by affectionately.
    your dog is so precious! and now I'm buying that cave creek pet palace. been looking for something similar when we're outside of bear country.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC
    Tarp
    WB "Supafly!"
    Insulation
    WB Wookie, JRB Top
    Images
    Meh...Mine is boring in comparison to some of the others. "Stoaf" is just a shortened version of my Sunday name (Christopher). Stage 1 was my friends calling me "Stopher" and that wasn't short enough, so it became "Stoaf". Plus, You can easily have "Stoaf" on a variety of things (License plates, Drum skins, underwear, cats......you name it!).
    bike.jpg

• + New Posts
  • Page 245 of 247 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247 LastLast