Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I had a great time, a first for me on new years eve. Great video and pics, I hope we can get together again soon.

Until then, please, no Digratting!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveller
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    LeighLo quilts
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Images
    Looks like a great time. I really hate to have missed this one. Looking forward to the next opportunity to hang with everyone
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here"~Jack Nicholson/As Good As It Gets

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Enjoyed that. The RRG looks like a great place,,,,,and i noticed the retro fashions. Thanks for sharing

bill
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Super Fly & HG
    Insulation
    UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie or Webbing
    Images
    Thanks for sharing! Its nice seeing all the different places everyone visits. That area looks beautiful.

Hammock
    Blue Mammoth Ultra
    Tarp
    Blue Mammoth Cave
    Insulation
    Mammoth Belly
    Suspension
    Mammoth Straps
    Great video! Thanks for sharing. That's definitely one thing I envy you "Southerners" for, beautiful hiking weather all year long!

I would love to get out and camp, but I don't like the cold... and it's cold in the good ol' Rocky Mountains of Utah!

Looked like you all had a lot of fun. Again, thanks for sharing.
    Roll the bones_00

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Glad you all had fun down there. It's a beautiful place.

Thanks for the video!
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    Modified ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Wally World DIYer
    Suspension
    DIY Treehuggers
    Glad to see folks enjoying the Gorge while ringing in the New Year! One of my favorite campsites in the entire world is hidden on the end of a short ridge just above Grey's Arch in a secret spot ;-). I'm planning on heading out that way this weekend to test some christmas gift-gear.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    You nailed the inherent fairness and beauty of hammocking MedicineMan. It is for all, even those with little or no money to spare for gear, by them taking the DIY way.
    Thanks for sharing footage from your awesome country.
    Blaze

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    Blaze thanks!! -means a lot coming from you! And thanks to all for the kind words.
    I was thinking just after this, my 18th or 19th group hike/hang/paddle-have you ever had a bad group hang? Something about people who are willing to carry a backpack, hang on fabric, deal with weather (though we were super blessed-day after our return the high was 31F), bugs, rocks, roots (face plants-I got so rapped up listening to one of Roche's stories I went down on perfectly flat ground)....speaking of Roche-thanks for the pics and finding us that first night!

And yes another 'verb'....roached-to be influenced into a purchase.
    So post Red River I roached a Sawyer water filter and a Cold Steel Bushman

The other beauty of the group hangs is the accumulated knowledge and experience at each and every one. All of us learn at each one, see a new way, a better way.

And the humor-I'm a dry boring type at least to myself, but each hang I've attended is always blessed with someone that keeps the laughter going.

Also-important-on this hang the official company rep from LeighLo Quilts was there to help me totally tweek the LeighLo 5-50...nice to see a rep in the field using the gear!

Retro-I LOVED it....but can't wait to get back to the Ohm HA! On the serious side I enjoyed the Jansport Carson. As I type there are 5 Jansports behind me-all in the D series. I watched Poof live out of the Carson on one of her 900 miler pursuit hikes and saw that the Carson is an internal pack on a frame and the ease of use features are now far beyond the D series--that is daily ease of living out of it-so I will use it again. I was at 26-27 pounds but that was with 0F rated UQ and TQ and that rascal retro stove and a honking fuel bottle. I know in the spring/summer I could hit 20-21 pounds with it.

Hike structure....and missing that sign (thanks DigRat)...it was no big deal to any of the group-the attitude was to 'taste' the RRG...no miles/day rigid itenary, plenty of time for campcraft and the demoing and use of several new blades. DigRat was a wonderful diplomat representing the great state of Ky and made us all feel welcome---so impressed with his DYI grit!

and speaking of campcraft-hats off to everyone for the Herculean effort to get a fire that last night! When we descended toward Buck Point our first clue was EVERYTHING was covered with green moss-even the rocks under the water But they didn't give up dowelling/sawing/splitting to get to the dry wood.

And a thanks to everyone for being with the 'aged' crowd....we are slow but we do eventually get there. I think Rayne could easily have run this trail and that Roche with his ginormous stride could have done this loop in one morning by noon

Again thanks to all who came.....more good memories thanks to HF!

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    OES Standard
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Amsteel w\MSH
    Images
    Great video. Perfect way to keep me daydreaming and waste time during lunch!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast