Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition
    Tarp
    Hex Fly
    Insulation
    Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Thank you for the reply. I got the 3-season and it comes with a stuff sack. It's a lot bigger than I thought and unfortunately I already have my bags packed in put in the shipping container. Luckily, I have my assault bag handy that I can store last minute items in and I'll probably use my UQ as a pillow on the bus ride there. This will be my first big trip using my hammock so I'm pretty excited. I'll take some pictures and share when I can.

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images
    Couple of quick suggestions...

Snug your quilt much tighter than you would probably guess. Without you in it, it will lift up your hammock and may be up to 2' off the ground.

Once I am in the hammock (with the quilt attached) I reach under the hammock and test the height. I spread my pinkie and thumb as far apart as I can, and use hold this under the hammock. If I am just barely touching the ground, I am good.

Don't be afraid to get out of the hammock and loosten or tighten things up to get just the perfect lay. It may take a few tries to get it right the first few times. Remember, the hammock straps should angle roughtly 30° down coming off the tree to the hammock. Use your pointer and thumb (like a kid making a gun) and have the pointer parallel to the ground (level), and this will give you a real good approximation of 30°.

There's more, but you will need to figure it out for yourself.

Have fun!
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition
    Tarp
    Hex Fly
    Insulation
    Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    I've slept in my hammock for 2 nights so far, but I can't seem to keep my UQ from sliding side to side, especially when I go to lay on my side. My hammock has the shock cord lines on each side to help widen and stablize the hammock but it is keeping the UQ from hugging up on the hammock past that point. Any suggestions?

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    ZPacks cuben
    Insulation
    WB, JRB, or HG
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Airborne Trooper View Post
    I've slept in my hammock for 2 nights so far, but I can't seem to keep my UQ from sliding side to side, especially when I go to lay on my side. My hammock has the shock cord lines on each side to help widen and stablize the hammock but it is keeping the UQ from hugging up on the hammock past that point. Any suggestions?
    Take a look at Dutch's quilt hooks. http://www.outdoortrailgear.com/feat...e-quilt-hooks/

Lots of great feedback about those here on the forums too. Here a recent thread that talks about them. http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=50690

Hope this helps.

AATW! RLTW!

Jay

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition
    Tarp
    Hex Fly
    Insulation
    Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    I will definitely check that out when I get back home. I have another 6 or 7 days sleeping out here in the field so I'd like to find a remedy for this I can do without any more accessories. Should I just not use the side tie outs from the hammock?

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    ZPacks cuben
    Insulation
    WB, JRB, or HG
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Airborne Trooper View Post
    I will definitely check that out when I get back home. I have another 6 or 7 days sleeping out here in the field so I'd like to find a remedy for this I can do without any more accessories. Should I just not use the side tie outs from the hammock?
    Couldn't hurt to try. I notice less quilt movement on my WBBB when I don't use the side tie-outs. The wider your tie-outs are the "flatter" your hammock will be and it won't allow your quilt to wrap around you (and stay put) as easily.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition
    Tarp
    Hex Fly
    Insulation
    Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Thanks! I am going to go mess around with it. I'll try to post some pictures sometime today.

Images
    Someone in another thread mentioned attaching a short loop of shock cord to the corner of the quilt near the tie outs and running your tie out line through it to hold the quilt in place.

I tried it and it seems to have helped on mine. I toss and turn a lot in my sleep and would wake up with the entire uq folded in half on one side of the hammock before I did this, and have not had that happen again.

Ragnall

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition
    Tarp
    Hex Fly
    Insulation
    Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    I just tightened up the UQ to lift the hammock a feet or two higher as read in other posts. I loosened up the tension on the tie-outs and it seems better. I can try to do like ragnall said but I only have 550 cord (paracord) to my disposal. Here's a few pics

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334420588.654126.jpg
    Hex Fly
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334420617.507865.jpg
    Entry end
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334420647.272175.jpg
    Garda hitch

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Your doing just great! Testing and experimenting till you get it the way you want. Everybody is alittle different and all you have to do is play with it till you get it dialed in. We all seek perfection in how we hang and its there,,,you just have to find it foryourself and what works for you. Keep it up. and enjoy!
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast