DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCStang View Post
    For the record, I received the pillow, and cut into it tonight. It had 8oz. of beautiful, feather-free down...and 20 oz of friggin' feathers in an inner core pillow

Nowhere in the description of the item does it mention "down/ feather" filling. The description reads as if it is 28 oz of pure 750FP down.

Now I'm in a real pickle, because I need about 11 more oz of down before next Wednesday, at the latest, to finish my quilt before the Ohio hang. I guess "buyer beware" and "you get what you pay for" still holds true...I paid about $8.00/oz for 750 FP.
    Wow...that's scary! I've been trying forever to win some off ebay for a better price than what they're going for. I think I'll just hold off on those for a bit. I did win an Eddie Bauer down comforter....it hasn't come yet, so I don't know the quality of it yet.

Hammock
    WWBB
    Tarp
    UQ.com Maxtarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ & M50 UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchness + Straps
    Images
    Stang that sucks... This is very disappointing I was planning on buying the same thing. This has me second guessing down and considering Primaloft again...Dang-git

Hammock
    Jacks-R-better bridge
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear
    Insulation
    JRB Top & Bottom
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Damaged Pillow

So, had you not cut into the pillow you bought, you would have been none the wiser for its actual content? If they object to refunding your money on that basis, they really are saying it's ok to misrepresent their product and hope that you are an ignorant consumer who never knows that they sold you a bill of goods.

If they refuse to refund your money, tell them you are going to your State and their home State's Consumer Fraud Divisions with a formal complaint for false and deceptive advertising.

Senior Member AppalachianHammock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rbinhood View Post
    So, had you not cut into the pillow you bought, you would have been none the wiser for its actual content? If they object to refunding your money on that basis, they really are saying it's ok to misrepresent their product and hope that you are an ignorant consumer who never knows that they sold you a bill of goods.

If they refuse to refund your money, tell them you are going to your State and their home State's Consumer Fraud Divisions with a formal complaint for false and deceptive advertising.
    Is their a consumer fraud division in china? No? then good luck with that. Lol.

The Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota
    Hammock
    WARBONNET 1.1 DOUBLE, DIY BRIDGE
    Tarp
    DIY ARGON CAMO/BMJ
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS/BUCKLES
    Quote Originally Posted by nc527 View Post
    Is their a consumer fraud division in china? No? then good luck with that. Lol.
    i'm guessing that he pry didn't buy it directly from an outlet in china, if he bought if from Amazon (which is the link he provided in the op) he should be able to get his money back, which is obviously the right thing since it was falsely advertised, at least in that link and description

boot
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson

Hammock
    WWBB
    Tarp
    UQ.com Maxtarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ & M50 UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchness + Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Boothill View Post
    i'm guessing that he pry didn't buy it directly from an outlet in china, if he bought if from Amazon (which is the link he provided in the op) he should be able to get his money back, which is obviously the right thing since it was falsely advertised, at least in that link and description

boot
    +1

(extra characters)

Hammock
    DIY WBBB & HH Clones
    Tarp
    HG Cuben & MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY down TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch
    yeah, at law importers are generally held to have manufactured the goods. a legal fiction to protect consumers.

also, if you are going down the down pillow path in future - I would highly recommend the Bloomingdales My Luxe pillows that were mentioned earlier in the thread. filled with down, no feathers. hard to say whether they are actually the 800 fill power as advertised, but I have no reason not to believe it.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.0
    Tarp
    WBBMJ
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, HG Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rbinhood View Post

I'm going to see what my recourse is with with Amazon/ the seller (it wasn't fulfilled directly by Amazon...I have nothing but good experience with their customer service), but I'm not going to go too far down that road if it involves sending the item back or anything, but even if I can get a partial refund, I'll be happy.

I will say this, the down that was in the "outer" pillow was very good. I didn't find a single feather. It may even be better than 750, but that's just guessing. So, I spent $65 for 8 oz. of pretty good down. Expensive, obviously not cheaper than buying direct from one of the suppliers on here, but ultimately, I went the "cheap" route, and got burned...lesson learned. I'm keeping the down, as I can use it for other, smaller projects. I was originally looking for the Bloomingdale's pillow, but couldn't find one on Ebay for less than about $150.

Stormcrow has offered to help me out of this bind, so I'll be able to finish my quilt on time, and know I have a trustworthy supplier. Big kudos to him.

From this point forward, I will be purchasing my hammocking-type products from vendors/ members that have established themselves as trustworthy and customer service oriented on this site, which is what I should have done in the first place.

I'll let you know how it turns out.
    Mike, Backcountry Mentor
    https://backcountrymentor.com
    Check me out on YouTube!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuhqpe2xIWBXRVtpB5dxAJA

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    sorry to hear about the poor down quality. Stormcrow is a great guy!

Based on the earlier conversation, I decided to make a down bootie... I forgot I have 2 feet, so I'm off to make another...

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=45232
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

Hammock
    WWBB
    Tarp
    UQ.com Maxtarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ & M50 UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchness + Straps
    Images
    I have been in contact with two Ebay sellers who guarantee/state no feathers all down in one comforter and two pillows of the my luxe name. I feel Ok with the email verification that if its not as they say paypal will bail me out. So as soon as the funds are available and if the price is right I'll pull the trigger. I'll post the results here.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast