WB, ZPacks
    Insulation
    Incubators/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoppie/Strap
    Images

+1

Quote Originally Posted by raiffnuke View Post
    For my superfly, I have a 35 ft CRL which I run above the tarp. The 4 corners have 8 ft lengths of Zing-it with tarp tensioners, the doors have 4 ft sections of shock cord with mitten clips, and the pullouts have a section of shock cord that runs between the pullout loops with a 8 ft section of zing-it that pulls the middle of the shock cord. This setup is very versatile and works well for me. YMMV.
    My setup is very similar.

S

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    *20 Phoenix
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Thank you for all the help as always this forum is the best place to get information. I am going to MacEntyre's (sorry about the spelling) house in January with hopefully several members from the forum and I will get some "hands on" help there as well. This is a whole new world to me and one that I am excited to get involved with!

Hammock
    warbonnet of course
    Tarp
    sf
    this question and the possible combinations would imo be one of the best stickies that could possibly be added onto the site for us new guys.
    I had the same problem trying to figure out what cordage/tensioner/attachment style and then length and so on I shold be using for each of the 14 or so cord attachments.

I've been using 550/shock cord/dummy cord/mil webbing etc. forever so I really only had to get used to 2-3 new types of line and I already knew all the knots and tensioners I could use but even so. It really takes a lot of searching throughout the forum for ideas and measurements for things that you can try while still being able to be indoors and keep organized and what not. and then that leads a ton of experimentation while actually out on a hang which isn't really the best place to keep things neat and organized and in order to be able really understand what line setup you need at what point.

Then of course as things continue to become more comfortable, inevetiably you end up tossing your initial cordage selection or line length which means your probably going to either re order more materials or burn through more line. And of course some things that sound like they will work in theory just dont setup well in the field in the winter at night in the snow etc.

Im on my third order now for like another like 6 dollars or so worht of different parts now. Obviosly I don't care about the money but im pulling out my hair every time I need to wait another 2 weeks to try to get my setup just right so I can really get out there and hang!!!

I SHOULD ALSO ADD THAT WITHOUT SHUGS INCREDIBLE TUTORIALS ID BE SPENDING MY NIGHTS WRAPPED UP IN MY TARP IN A BALL ON THE SNOW COVERED GROUND SIMULATANEOUSLY FREEZING AND CRYING OT MYSELF ABOUT WHY IM NOT SMART ENOUGH TO FIGURE OUT HOW OT SETUP MY TARP AND HAMMOCK CORRECTLY

THANKS BUDDY YOUR THE BEST!
    Last edited by pwr2al4; 01-19-2012 at 04:14.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12