Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Zeppelin, MobilMum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    'suspension at the head is not'
    If its bungie/shock cord its adjustable!
    Just tie a knot in it to shorten.

Touche. Ok, it is adjustable in the way any line is. But! It has no preinstalled adjustment cordlock like the foot end suspension does.

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by begleysm View Post
    Touche. Ok, it is adjustable in the way any line is. But! It has no preinstalled adjustment cordlock like the foot end suspension does.

Sean
    does it have a side channel the shock cord runs through? If so then it doesn't matter which end or both ends you tighten, you can adjust the quilt. If not, tie on the other end anyways to make it fit right.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock
    Insulation
    Te-Wa Freeze
    Suspension
    Dynaglide slings
    I noticed that change in the suspension on my new UQ. I will be adding a cord lock to make both ends adjustable from inside the hammock or changing it to use triangle thingies. For a quick fix you can use a mini-biner to run the suspension over the ridgeline and pull the quilt up or wrap the shock cord around the whipping a couple times to shorten it up.

The biggest thing for me with these quilts is to make sure I get the suspension tight enough and keep the ends from being too bunched up. As stated before, get help to adjust the quilt while you are laying in the hammock. That is the fastest and easiest way to set it up and eliminate the gaps.
    Congrats on the UQ. It is a nice piece and should serve you well.
    "I'm a connoisseur of BACON." - Anyways - 6/9/13

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Zeppelin, MobilMum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    does it have a side channel the shock cord runs through? If so then it doesn't matter which end or both ends you tighten, you can adjust the quilt. If not, tie on the other end anyways to make it fit right.
    Negative ghost rider. Not a channel suspension. I will get it to work though. Might email Mike at Te-Wa & ask him why there is no cordlock at the head end.

Sean

Negative ghost rider.
    Sean
    My guy!

I know you'll get it to work, but that doesn't make it easy for sure.

Images
    Negative ghost rider. Not a channel suspension. I will get it to work though. Might email Mike at Te-Wa & ask him why there is no cordlock at the head end.

Sean
    While you are at it find out if it is Dif cut or not. If not, you will need to be careful not to pull it tight enough to compress loft.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images
    Sounds strange. My te-wa quilt has a brown cordlock on both the head and foot ends along with one black cordlock on each side of the end channels. So a total of 6 cordlocks. I've thought about just getting rid of the 2 extras on the ends but I figure these are just-in-case spares.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Zeppelin, MobilMum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I think Mike has since tried to simplify the adjustments. I have 1 brown cordlock on the foot side, 1 black cordlock on the foot side, and 1 black cordlock on the head side. A total of 3 cordlocks.

It appears to be deferentially cut. It's not an outrageous difference but the silver side is kinda "flat" while the black side is kinda "hilly" where the down has lofted up.

FYI: The reason it is taking me a long time to get around to trying it again is that I am at my parents house for Christmas and so I am not in optimal hammock experimentation mode

Sean

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Zeppelin, MobilMum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Last Friday I went outside (with my Mom, during XMas Break ) during the daytime, and worked on the UQ.

You guys were definitely right, my primary problem was that the UQ was WAY TOO LOOSE. I got it going fairly well although I'm not 100% I've dialed it in correctly.

The shoulders appeared to be pretty well snugged up. The UQ appears to be fairly well snugged up to the bottom of the hammock as well (although this might need a smidge more tightness... I've since installed that extra cordlock to make the head end adjustable too). The foot was not bad although it seems like a gap could open depending on how I had my legs positions.

1 Concern was the sides. The zipper side appeared to have a slight gap along the top of the UQ. I'm thinking that is might seal up a couple inches down where my body is and that is shouldn't be a big deal.

My mom spent most of the time in the hammock giving me her impressions of cold spots, etc. I'll have to get out there for another night to see what I really think.

This experience has made me all the more eager to get to a Hang and get some hands-on advice from some "experts"

Thanks,
    Sean

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12