WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Chinook 9.6x9.6
    Insulation
    AH New River UQ
    Suspension
    Came with the BB
    Images
    Welcome to the forum bloffy13, I live just north of Albany NY.

The Tyvec suggestion is something that is worth a try, but it may be so air tight that you may sweat too much.
    I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. - E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

Hey Veto,
    Yeah I have to be careful when I do stuff like this forum when I talk about Albany and specify it is Western Australia. There is also an Albany Creek in Queensland Australia and, I think, one in Scotland.
    Old Lord Albany was either a really popular bloke or he got around a bit, eh?
    Cheers Bloffy

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    LARGE!
    Insulation
    DIY Bag UQ
    Suspension
    Nacras an Whoopies
    If your playing with suspension options, Uneekwahn and I made a purchase in the amsteel group buy a whiles ago, so I could knock out a set of whoopie slings and get em posted down to you at mates rates. Basically material cost. Have to check with him (He still technically payed for all of it, what can I say )
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

Thanks for the offer Browny but I have the straps enroute as we speak. I think WA trees must have abrasive bark or something as the cords on my HH are frayed and worn, and I have done two sets of straps. If you ever get down to Albany, give us a hoy.
    Cheers
    Bloffy

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    LARGE!
    Insulation
    DIY Bag UQ
    Suspension
    Nacras an Whoopies
    Will def look you up when in town, havent been that way for awhile but love it down there.

I agree on the rough bark, my tree straps have a little chafe on them also, still within what I consider servicable though.

Make sure you use tre huggers/straps, they are cheap to make, protect the tree, and save you from swapping out a full suspension rig from abrasion. Much cheaper to replace the huggers.
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

Hammock
    Crinkle Custom
    Tarp
    HH
    Insulation
    brrr
    Suspension
    Whoopies, Straps
    Welcome to the community
    "What one Man can do, another can do!"
    Jons4real

http://www.youtube.com/user/jons4real

Just a thought, how would a protective sleeve go over the hangers? Then when they wear out, chuck them and put on another. hhmmmm. My ever suffering wife has MORE sewing to do.
    Cheers Bloffy

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234