Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hammock
    BIAS camper, WW DL
    Insulation
    Diy syn. UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Howdy from Tennessee! I'm still new to Hanging myself, but if you can't get help here you probably won't find it anywhere.

Hammock
    TC jungle, HB triple L Owl, TTTM
    Tarp
    Claytor Diamond
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Webbing

Welcome from the NT

Nice to see more Autralians joining the forum:

Hammock
    Sheltowee 20
    Tarp
    Speer
    Insulation
    Burrow
    Images
    Welcome from sunny Florida!

G'day all,
    Thank you for all your welcomes.
    Hope you gurus might be able to help me with a thought I have had (rare though they be).
    I was thinking about using some Tyvek as a type of in-hammock UQ and getting my poor,long suffering wife to sandwich it between polar fleece. That way it would pack up small, would fit inside my HH rather than outside and I could use it as a ground sheet if required.
    My thinking is that the reflective qualities would keep me warm, the polar fleece would stop it sliding around and the Tyvek would stop any drafts.
    I could possibly even convince my dear wife to put some velcro in place so it wouldn't slip too much.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Cheers
    Bloffy13

Hammock
    HH Explorer Hex Fly
    Tarp
    Hex
    Insulation
    Big Agnes Ins Pad
    Suspension
    Slings & Whoopies

Whoopie slings and Webbing tree straps

I switched from the standard HH suspension because I didn't want to fiddle with tieing and untieing the ropes to get the height just right. I use the Whoopies and a pair of UL bieners with Tree straps to be LNT.

Hammock
    GT Single
    Tarp
    Henny Hex 70D
    Insulation
    DIY Peapod
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    Welcome from Tennessee! I have always wanted to visit Aussie land.
    Desiel®
    Hanging Noob
    "If you can't change it, don't worry about it."
    -Me

“All you need is 20 seconds and insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.”

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    LARGE!
    Insulation
    DIY Bag UQ
    Suspension
    Nacras an Whoopies
    Gday from WA.

We are getting a few more of us Sandgropers on HF now, so that WestOz hang/meet is looking better all the time!
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

Hammock
    Hennessy Deep Jungle
    Tarp
    HG Cuben fiber
    Insulation
    HG 20* Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by bloffy13 View Post
    G'day from WA (That's Western Australia - not Washington lol)
    My name is Paul and I live on the South Coast of Western Australia in a small city called Albany (again - Australia not America).
    I have had a Hennessy Ultralite asym for about five years but only just found out about your forum.
    I love my hammock but unfortunately don't get a chance to use it very often.
    That said, while working in the Solomon Islands a few years ago I lived in it almost exclusively for about two months. It was great laying back and listening to the ocean breaking just 10 feet away as I looked up through the palm trees swaying in the breeze. Even during the heaviest tropical downpours I didn't get wet, except once when the wind was from a different direction and the rain was bouncing in sideways off a nearby wall.
    My biggest complaint with the HH is the time it takes to set up and pull down. It was through this that I discovered your forum and I am now looking to modify my HH to a carabiner and cinch buckle set up. Any guidance on this would be appreciated.
    If I get this sorted out I will probably start making greater use of my hammock as its light weight, versatility and simplicity make it ideal for light weight camping, kayaking and quick set ups and pull downs.
    Cheers
    Bloffy
    Bloffy, I have a Hennessy and briefly tried the ring cinch set up and switch over to Whoopie slings. As a suggestion check out Professor Hammocks videos and some of Dutch's equipment to make your set up and take down easier. Also i would be derelict not to mention Shug's excellent hammocking videos. All the above can be found either here on this forum or on YouTube. Check out the videos and I believe you will find all you need for easy, breezy hammocking.
    Be well from a Yank

Hammock
    gathered-end /w sock
    Tarp
    catcut w/doors
    Insulation
    UQ10D860/ TQ15D700
    Suspension
    UCRs
    Images
    Hey bloffy13! You might also want to address your questions to the DIY-crowd in the DIY-section.

Thanks all for your advice. I have bitten the bullet and ordered the cinch buckle kit from AHE and it should be underway as we speak. Looking forward to that. With regards to the diy advice, I'll do that, thanks Trinni.
    To Browny, good to hear there are other Westg Aussies on here. Hangin' out to meet ya.
    Cheers
    Bloffy

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast