WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips

MY DIY Pack Cover

First. . . I'm not a DIYer. I do not have the equipment to produce substantial and quality gear on my own accord plus I believe fully in our cottage gurus. I have supported most of them throughout the years.

However, it is nice to have friends that are DIYers. I bought a "new to me" pack from a HF member (thanks Beep! ) and found myself without a pack cover. Researching my options for what was available, I found that I would be spending about $35 for a cover from most vendors. Then I read about Just Jeff's pack cover and really liked the idea of having multiple uses for this piece of gear. The wheels started spinning and I chatted with my good friend and DIYer, Chickenwing and we discussed the plan.

Keeping my pack dry was priority #1 and that is followed by keeping my UQs dry. I wanted this "creation" to be a quick fix for either scenario so I decided I wanted to include mitten hooks on each corner of the cover. I have cord locks on each corner as well but I am now thinking 2 cord-locs on opposite corners would suffice. I have used 1/8" shock cord around the perimeter. I am really happy how the cover turned and my extended family got a thorough presentation during Thanksgiving weekend visit.

I want to express my gratitude to Chickenwing for taking time out from his family to meet with me on Black Friday and creating this great piece of gear. I know he was really looking forward to getting in on all those great shopping deals at the retail stores however I think his wife and 2 daughters sufficiently earn those reward points on his Visa card without his presence there. Also want to thank Just Jeff for posting his directions for the pack cover. Its a great concept for a multi-use piece of equipment.

Pics attached . . .

Last edited by Muskrat; 11-28-2011 at 09:49.
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    DIY of the Day
    Tarp
    DIY of the Day
    Insulation
    DIY PLoft/IX-UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    WS or Spyder Line
    Images
    Most excellent. You're stylin'. Bring it with you at our next meeting. (wink wink - You'll need it!)
    2015 John Rock Spreadsheet.

"If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you should do is STOP DIGGING "

Hammock
    MYOG 1.1 Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY top & U Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    That is a mighty fine looking pack cover. This was a really fun project and gave me an opportunity to work on something other than the "honey do" list. I can't wait for the write up of this pack cover being put thru it's paces as what ever you decide to use it as.
    Check out my website www.cwhammocks.com or Find me on the YouTubes
    You can even"Like" me on facebook or follow me on Twitter @cwhammocks

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies."

DONATE TO THE GOAT ISLAND FIRE PIT FUND

• + New Posts