Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    @ Gareth :
    Hum... I have a dinner (bien arrosé) with friends in our favorite restaurant... And because of the damned so good "vin de Bourgogne" and the meal... I'm JUST a little bit.............. HIPS...

Anyway... "merci beaucoup de la précision que tu apportes à cette expertise concernant l'équipement" (thank you for the accuracy of the your expert analysis about that gear) : I really appreciate !

About the sleeping bag you use up side down : la "capuche" (the head's hood) how do you keep it away from your face (and mouth) to avoid the condensation ?

Hammock
    DD Travel Hammock
    Tarp
    DD Tarp
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHex View Post
    @ Gareth :
    Hum... I have a dinner (bien arrosé) with friends in our favorite restaurant... And because of the damned so good "vin de Bourgogne" and the meal... I'm JUST a little bit.............. HIPS...

Anyway... "merci beaucoup de la précision que tu apportes à cette expertise concernant l'équipement" (thank you for the accuracy of the your expert analysis about that gear) : I really appreciate !

About the sleeping bag you use up side down : la "capuche" (the head's hood) how do you keep it away from your face (and mouth) to avoid the condensation ?
    De rien et "santé!"....I lived in Lyon a few years back so enjoy the odd drop of Bourgogne myself... Although generally I'm more a Bordeaux kind of guy. LOL!!!
    Up where I now live everyone drinks champagne.

Anyway.. the bag has a string to tighten the hood, I just leave it slack and the hood is no real bother. In fact I often pull it up over my head to either block out the light on a summers morning or to keep the cold off my nose.
    This bag works for me, the zip stops just below the knee, so I can flip it over, slip my feet in the footbox and tuck it under me, it is more versatile than a dedicated TQ. If I want to sleep on the floor, or a mates sofa, I can use this as a sleeping bag. The zips are not even noticed when used as a TQ.

I find sleeping out there is always some condensation, whether you are on the ground a camp bed or hammock.

I found I got more condensation with a thermarest in the hammock than with the underquilt. Also I find the hammock more comfy and snug with the UQ, the camp pad, even only partially filled flattened things out, and also left places not insulated.

Amicalement
    Gareth

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Xenon Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    UKham. Winter UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing / Buckles
    Hi there Patrick!

Welcome to the forums! I saw that you might be joining some SKAHO events
    perhaps in the spring so you are most welcome to hang here in Sweden!

I have DD Frontline and i can recommend you to purchase one aswell (Nice to have
    a built in mosquito net and an extra bottom layer to keep your insulation in place)!

But yeah the only thing that is a bit off is the webbing imo. I havent gotten around
    to upgrading into something better, but i´ll probably get a lot of suggestions when i
    attend to SKAHOw 2012.

I havent been out so much yet during summer but i did not feel that i needed any
    top/under quilts. I used my inflatable exped sleeping mat between the bottom layers
    and a three-season sleeping bag and it worked perfectly. But i guess it depends from
    person to person on how much heat you need to stay comfortable.

Im planning to go hanging/floating in the värmland region myselft next summer hoping to get
    enough people together for some timber-rafting! So if you are still looking for suggestions
    on what to do while in sweden check out this site :

http://www.vildmark.se/Timber-raft__1033.html

Should be quite pleasant to hang in your custom made timber-raft
    while floating on a slow moving river.

The only downside is that its quite expensive...
    ----------------------------------------------------

Phase 1 : Buy Hammock.
    Phase 2 : ... ... ...
    Phase 3 : Profit!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Cuben rag
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    Welcome PatHex !
    I am in the middle of a moving process, so i am not here so much right now!

I read about your spring plans, sounds nice, really nice.
    I might actually join that.

I saw your talk about 2 huge bags and 15 kg boat.
    I wonder what you think after you have meet me or Joz with our Alpackas.
    Here we are talking 2kg boats.

Bieggolmai shows before/after at Rogens last spring.
    Moski, who no longer feels the Secret Ninja Ski emptiness..............
    B/C he got them now

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0DL
    Tarp
    Hammockgear Cuben
    Insulation
    UKhammocks UQ+TQ
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by moski View Post
    Welcome PatHex !
    I am in the middle of a moving process, so i am not here so much right now!

I read about your spring plans, sounds nice, really nice.
    I might actually join that.

I saw your talk about 2 huge bags and 15 kg boat.
    I wonder what you think after you have meet me or Joz with our Alpackas.
    Here we are talking 2kg boats.

Bieggolmai shows before/after at Rogens last spring.
    (Beautiful guy on the pictures!)

Welcome PatHex from Swedish Lapland!

It´s great camping in Sweden, everything is so easy here with "Allemansrätten" and everything around it.

I have 3 kinds of hammocks;
    1 DD Travel
    2 DD Frontline
    1 Warbonnet Blackbird 1.0 DL
    I also have some DIY-hammocks that I use in the winter when I don´t need any mosquito-net.

My Warbonnet is the one that is by far most comfortable with the footbox and the shelf. But if there is a risk that I need to go to ground I prefer to bring my DD instead because that they work as a bivybag also.

Underquilt is a must in Sweden even in the middle of the summer.
    I bought a winterunderquilt from ukhammocks.com and since it´s so lightweight I use it in the summer as well. It only weighs about 750gram and it compresses extremely well. I combine that with a winter topquilt from the same site.

I hope that I will be able to meet you at a summer SKAHO.
    No longer with a great "Yukon Yak Fever"

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

My pictures:My Picasa-album

My paracord-webshop:Webshop
    Sorry dudes, only in Swedish (so far).

Hi guys !

Thank you Hanktehtank and Bieggolmai for sharing your experience !
    OK ! You convinced me, I'm going to order a DD Hammock. Now the question is : Frontline or Travel... ?! I wish not to have any condensation issue....

The DD Hammocks' guys should consider to manage an affiliate program for you... Just kidding !

At the next SKAHO summer's session, I would love to try your Warbonnet BlackBird !
    Does the BB have only one footbox, on the right side ?

_ _ _ _ _

Wow ! The Alpacka looks awesome for packrafting (I didn't know this word and this concept of ultra light inflatable canoe just a few hours before ; yeah... I didn't catch what you're previously saying me Joz... hum !)
    I did some research and find some videos on YouTube. This inflatable canoe (or raft ?) seems to be very durable despite its first wrong aspect of a toy.
    This is insane, look at that... Alpacka Raft creek decent ! Crazy !

Inflating the Alpacka is even a kid's game ! Alpacka Inflation Demonstration

I couldn't find any information about the maximum inflating pressure, how much is it ?
    Do you (Joz, Bieggolmai and Moski...) have to deflate the Alpacka a little, to avoid sur-pressure in the bladder, when not using it on the water on sunny days ?

And does your canoe loose a little pressure in contact with cold water ?
    My canoe lost about 0.2 to 0.3 psi the first minutes in water, then I have to inflate it a little more to reach the 1.5 psi maximum pressure recommended.

Packrafting opens my point of view to a new world of adventure and sport ! I find also on Alpackaraft.com a inspiring design for my DIY inflatable canoe's top cover. Yesss !

My "huge" pack is actually very standard, considering the load of these packraft-hikers (can I say that ?!) : Swan Lake Packrafting trip

Hammock
    WB RR
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    DownMat 9
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Images
    I couldn't find any information about the maximum inflating pressure, how much is it ?
    Don't know. You inflate the last bit with your mouth, so "mouth pressure".

Do you (Joz, Bieggolmai and Moski...) have to deflate the Alpacka a little, to avoid sur-pressure in the bladder, when not using it on the water on sunny days ?
    Well...I haven't. But I suppose it doesn't hurt.

And does your canoe loose a little pressure in contact with cold water ?
    A little, yes. But not enough to be a problem. More so at night when it gets colder in the air.
    - Tanstaafl.
    - Whoever said "No smoke without fire" never went camping.
    - It's just badass to have a yak.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 double
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    KAQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopee Slings
    Greetings from Texas. I look forward to seeing pictures and reading you trip reports.

Bonjour from France, Dannytoo !

I'm missing Texas (Houston) and the USA : I haven't find the time to come back since 1991 ! Two long decades...
    I still have my "Don't mess with Texas..." t-shirt and a cap of the Cowboys' football team !

I will be in Sweden from the end of May 2012 for 1 month to 3... depending on the next future french president... Just a joke ! No more talking about politics...

I'm going to take my snapshot with me. And I would like to invest in a glasses' camera for sharing some videos of live's paddling on the rivers and lakes.
    Just be patient... (I'm not...)

_ _ _ _ _
    @ Joz : Which Alpacka do you have ?
    What is the biggest raft ? Is it The Explorer (Fjord or unrigged) or the Double duck ?

About mouth blowing... These guys have forget their pump....

The other videos of Mikkel B. are great too !

_ _ _ _ _
    @ hanktehtank :
    Quote Originally Posted by hanktehtank View Post
    Im planning to go hanging/floating in the värmland region myselft next summer hoping to get enough people together for some timber-rafting! So if you are still looking for suggestions
    on what to do while in sweden check out this site :

http://www.vildmark.se/Timber-raft__1033.html

Should be quite pleasant to hang in your custom made timber-raft
    while floating on a slow moving river.

The only downside is that its quite expensive...
    Yes I already have take a look at the Vilmark i Värmland website ! Who says I am an already swedish wilderness's addict and this, even before reaching the location...?!
    It could be a great and fun experience but as you say it is pretty much expensive... The *basic* equipment for a adult is 2750 SEK.
    OK this is a 8 days trip, and I do understand that they have to manage taking the wood logs back to the place of departure.
    I've found a video if you want to see the pics in HD. It's a slideshow: Timber rafting in Sweden

Here are some inspirations for cheapest floating and funniest alternatives at Karlstad : Flottracet 2009 another one : Flottrace

And come back to Mikkel's video : ... or the lightest way to have fun on the river with family !

Hammock
    WB RR
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    DownMat 9
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Images
    I have the Yukon Yak (see my signature line ).

I don't know which is biggest, but check out the website http://www.alpackaraft.com for specifications.
    - Tanstaafl.
    - Whoever said "No smoke without fire" never went camping.
    - It's just badass to have a yak.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast