DIY
    Tarp
    WL "BD"
    Insulation
    Bags/AH
    Suspension
    Hugger,Ring,& Loop

Indoor hang anchoring

I want to setup some anchor points in my office(home) to put up my hammock. A stand will not work very well in the space I have.
    I have seen some vids from members here that have eyelet screws (I'm assuming in studs) in their walls. But these eyelets have the hammocks perpendicular(or close to it) to the wall. I will be more corner to corner.

What I would like to know is do you think having the hammock at an sharpish angle to the wall would add (twisting) stress to the stud causing it to split? The same for my other idea, having an eyelet bolt through the ceiling and bolt it through a cross brace(between studs). I seems like the farther away the anchor points are the sharper the angle and more twisting stress you would get.

If there are any other methods that might work feel free to enlighten me.

,4WLO

Lag/eye screws work great.
    My set up I use ropes with knots attached to the eyebolts and the hammock clipped into the ropes with carabiners. That way you can use different hammocks and it's easier to make adjustments. I think you won't have a problem with the angle but make sure you pre drill the holes so the studs don't split and screw the eyebolts all the way down flush with the walls...

Hammock
    GTUL
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Jarbidge/Cosmic 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies and Webs
    I'm gonna set up my hammock in my room and get some pictures for you... I might even do a video if I'm feeling saucy enough.

EDIT: Guess I was feeling saucy after all. Here's a short vid of how I hang indoors. Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf2AiiO1BiE
    Last edited by joehasbeard; 11-17-2011 at 13:27.
    Only the dreamer venoms all his days,
    Bearing more woe than all his sins deserve.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    WL "BD"
    Insulation
    Bags/AH
    Suspension
    Hugger,Ring,& Loop
    Thanks for vid. I tried the over the door method when I hung in my living room. Unfortunately my back door didn't like it so much and I needed a prybar to get it open.
    I think I'll use eyelets in the office and predrill/screw them in the wall. Well, its off to Lowes

good, these are looking strong .

Hammock
    Diy
    Tarp
    HG CF
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield
    Suspension
    Muletape straps
    I work rotating shifts and sleep in my closet (fairly big for a small house) to avoid my wee lassy children during the day when I work nights. I put my hammock up using eyebolts in the studs closest to the corners of the closet (10-11 feet apart). I just took my sweet time finding the center of the studs and have slept in the hammock at least 100 times with no fatigue or looseness from the eyebolts.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by joehasbeard View Post
    I'm gonna set up my hammock in my room and get some pictures for you... I might even do a video if I'm feeling saucy enough.

EDIT: Guess I was feeling saucy after all. Here's a short vid of how I hang indoors. Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf2AiiO1BiE
    There's a substantial risk that anchoring as is shown will warp the framing for the door. The framing is designed to support the door. No more. If the framing warps, it can be expensive to repair, once wallboard is removed, framing replaced, the door shimmed and hung, and the whole repainted.

• + New Posts