Tarp
    Superfly/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti,0*Phnx,Burrow
    Suspension
    Stuff from Dutch!
    Images
    "TQ has to be draped over the ridgeline."

what am I missing why draping TQ over ridgeline?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    I've found the bug netting helps hold in some heat and having a shelf is great since I tend to have a lot of odds and ends with me. I agree that a DL is not necessary if you do not use a pad and I will probably switch to a SL down the road. Let us know how things work out for you.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RootCause View Post
    You won't have any problem selling it, that's for sure. But if you're in a PIF mood, I'd be happy to take it off your hands, turn around and PIF my current DL Traveller (which I love!)
    Sorry, to disappoint you, but mugs and I have been trading emails all morning. He's not interested in selling, but I have already asked for, and been given first dibs.
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

Hammock
    1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowAlpha View Post
    "TQ has to be draped over the ridgeline."

what am I missing why draping TQ over ridgeline?
    When you get in or out of the hammock EVERYTHING flings out including your top quilt. If you have it draped over the ridgeline like O&B does and I do as well it doesnt eject your TQ when you enter the hammock.
    "If you give a monkey a gun and he shoots someone, you dont blame the monkey"

The end of the world is not coming in December, it is happening now in my living room. - TFC Rick

http://watermonkey.net/

Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RaulPerez1?feature=mhee

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Raul Perez View Post
    When you get in or out of the hammock EVERYTHING flings out including your top quilt. If you have it draped over the ridgeline like O&B does and I do as well it doesnt eject your TQ when you enter the hammock.
    Is it really that much of a minimalist hammock? I don't have one, but I had envisioned getting a 1.1D for winter use. Does it not have tie outs at all?
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

Hammock
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Skipper View Post
    Is it really that much of a minimalist hammock? I don't have one, but I had envisioned getting a 1.1D for winter use. Does it not have tie outs at all?
    No tie outs but you can mod some if you want. I prefer not to. It's super comfy but yeah just a ridgeline and whoopie suspension and fabric.

The end of the world is not coming in December, it is happening now in my living room. - TFC Rick

Youtube Channel:

Hammock
    Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Varies with season
    Insulation
    UGQ Everything
    Suspension
    Webbing Suspension
    I have a gear organizer that I plan on hanging from the RL, and I always put in a few prusicks to hang things from as well. So I think keeping gear organized will be ok.

But some of you have made a valid point about if the temps drop to lower then what I was expecting I might want to put in a pad for the extra warmth. I carry a sit pad with me...which is merely a full length GG 1/8 pad folded into a tyvec mailer...back in the day that was my pack frame and sleeping pad. But now it just does duty as a sit pad and layer between the DL. So I may get a traveler DL instead of single...or if any of you guys have any other hammock suggestions lets here them.

I'm 6.1 and 220 pounds

But at 60-75 bucks its hard not to spring for one.
    I miss my 4.8Lb base weight as a ground dweller...But I sure DON'T MISS the ground.

Hammock
    Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Varies with season
    Insulation
    UGQ Everything
    Suspension
    Webbing Suspension
    OK so just finished weighing my WBBB 1.0 dL with RL organizer, prussick that has the JRB lantern on it, 6ft woopies, and 6ft tree straps (Brandon's just cut down) with dutch buckles, all in the bishop bag and it comes to 786grams/27ounces.

Which is only about 4 ounces less then the 1.1 DL Traveler, and by the time I add the "extra stuff" it may just come to that weight. I don't plan on swapping out the suspension just because I don't feel like dealing with whoopies in the winter time...but maybe I will who knows....my point is this if I am only saving about 4 ounces is there really a point...great now I have more thinking to do

Ya I know, If I took the suspension and swapped it out plus the already weight savings I could conceivably drop about 10 ounces...If I was on a through hike I would consider that...but not if I pulling it all behind me in a pulk. And in the summer I gain that back with the weight of a bug net...Ya see how I spin myself in circles with this stuff..

I still may get a traveler just cause' One can never have enough hammocks.

What I may do tonight is get an actual base line savings on Brandon's suspension VS mine..then strip out my hammock and use that as a control base, and go from there.
    I miss my 4.8Lb base weight as a ground dweller...But I sure DON'T MISS the ground.

Hammock
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    IDK... you got a UQ so I'd say 1.7 Single. Screw the Ridgeline Organizer you have a backpack. Whoopies and elephant trunks or Dutch buckle will do just fine for winter.

But that's just my thoughts on the matter.

Youtube Channel:

Hammock
    WBBB SL Lefty /Traveler
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti,0*Phnx,Burrow
    Suspension
    Stuff from Dutch!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Raul Perez View Post

OOoooohhhh! thank you.
    Now I have a visual picture of you getting in a traveler & stuff flinging in the air

does a piece of say zing-it with mitten clip attached to hammock & TQ help keep foot end of TQ in?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast