Warbonnet Blackbird xlc
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    Pad and blankets
    Suspension
    Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by default View Post
    some one on here (not going to name names....) was going to try out what basically looked like umbrella bags you see in the front of stores...i thought he could get away with a sandwich bag, but i didnt verify.

and to my knowledge, he didnt use em..
    New guy here. I've been camping in tents for almost 70 years. A million years ago I learned to get out of the tent, and find a tree...
    I switched to a hammock several months ago. I have a WBBB XLC. When I get up. I get out of my hammock, and use a very large Pace Picante sauce bottle. It has a large mouth, and a handle. Works for me. I sometimes wake up a couple of times a night. I'm 74.
    Unlike a lot of guys, I can get back in the hammock in a sleeping bag, and fall asleep very quickly.

I joined a couple of months ago, instead of asking a million questions that have been answered a million times, I began reading Post from the beginning.
    I just now caught up on the old post. I've watched no telling how many videos on hammock camping. I've had a chance to hang 1/2 dozen times now, and I love it.
    I am slowly trying to get my wife off the ground. She has fell asleep a couple of times in my WB. Eventually I'll buy her a hammock of her own.
    For the record I'm OleManDan. I picked up that doing cowboy action shooting and then later hiking.
    I look forward to reading everyone's post.
    Last edited by OleManDan; 05-30-2021 at 23:00.

Hammock
    11 Ft Dutch Hexon 1.0 Sidezip
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spiderpolybeetles
    Sorry,I don't get the "need" to do the deed while laying down etc.Just stand up,use a big enough bottle that is not associated with beverages,get'er done,cap it off and get back under the quilt.Find a good place to empty the jar in the morning.....

I use a Nalgene Cantene - the softsided bottle with a wide mouth. I use it both in a hammock and in a tent. It's easy to "slip inside" the wide mouth and not cause any spray or leaks. Packs away very small too.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Back in the (tent) day … I tried a Nalgene but got a square bottle so it was physically different from my round water bottles. I practiced at home to assure myself that no matter how “full” I felt, I wouldn’t overflow the container. What I didn’t do is practice in the dark. So when the time came to try it out - up about 9,000 ft on Mt Adams - I found out that “things were different”. With only two hands, it was difficult to hold the bottle, hold a flashlight, and … aim. Also, it was cold. So ….

After that one trial, I decided to go back the more character building exercise of going outside. It was an opportunity to look at the stars and gain more appreciation for wind and slope direction.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Winterdream 12
    Insulation
    HG 0 UQ / 20 TQ
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas Straps
    Images
    Yeah, I'm afraid of all the ways that things can go wrong with a pee bottle. I'll just brave the cold.

i use something designed for the task:

https://www.saveritemedical.com/prod...BoC0_EQAvD_BwE

Hammock
    DIY bridge hammock
    Tarp
    OES/WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 6Myles View Post
    i use something designed for the task:

https://www.saveritemedical.com/prod...BoC0_EQAvD_BwE
    The glow-in-the-dark lid really sells it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Syb
    Enjoy the elevation

Hammock
    11 Ft Dutch Hexon 1.0 Sidezip
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spiderpolybeetles
    One thing to consider about using the bottle is that you don't have to walk around at night making noises that might bother others nor do you risk wandering off in the dark looking for privacy and getting disoriented.Plus walking around in the cold has a tendency to get me waked up which sometimes makes going back to sleep an issue......but one thing is for sure-not gonna chance using a bottle or a bag whilst in the hammock.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    The “noises” I made were when I tripped over guylines. That issue was solved by using reflective guylines. The pleasant surprise was they only glow up when viewed from the limited direction of the light source and do not illuminate the whole camp.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    hh safari deluxe
    Tarp
    stock hex
    Suspension
    diy whoopies
    the wide bottom is the key

IMG_3371.jpg

the wide mouth doesn't hurt

sw
    "we are the people our parents warned us about" jb

steve