Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Clark NX-250 Camo
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Camo

Any Clark NX-250 owners?

Hi all, considering this hammock for purchase, would be great to hear from some owners any pro's and con's, thanks in advance, Doz
    Clark NX-250, Warbonnet Superfly, Custom made Down, Underground Underquilt. DIY Suspension & Continuous Ridgeline.

nx250

just bought one today! i'll let you know what the hay after i try in a couple weeks. Sho can't wait.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250 Camo
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Camo
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post
    just bought one today! i'll let you know what the hay after i try in a couple weeks. Sho can't wait.
    Thanks Armando, the particular thing im interested in is how flat it lays and or if you can lay slightly across it to flatten it out, hope it all goes well for you and look forward to your thoughts, cheers Doz
    Clark NX-250, Warbonnet Superfly, Custom made Down, Underground Underquilt. DIY Suspension & Continuous Ridgeline.

Hammock
    Clark nx250
    Suspension
    SlapStrap & Whoopi
    Super comfy, love the integrated bug net and weather shield. Much nicer than having to track and assemble 4 or 5 different pieces like some other hammocks. Spreader bars are great for not feeling claustrophobic.

Hammock
    SMr Parés, [o]TTeR Recliner
    Tarp
    SMr Nubé
    Insulation
    TTT Polar Pod
    Suspension
    SMr EZ slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
    Hi all, considering this hammock for purchase, would be great to hear from some owners any pro's and con's, thanks in advance, Doz
    I just got mine in the mail on Tuesday and tonight will be my first hang. I will let you know tomorrow what I think. I have been using a Hennessy Explorer Deluxe for about a year and a Warbonnet Blackbird (my favorite of the two) for the last 6 months and have high hopes for the NX-250.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin42 View Post
    Super comfy, love the integrated bug net and weather shield. Much nicer than having to track and assemble 4 or 5 different pieces like some other hammocks. Spreader bars are great for not feeling claustrophobic.
    What he said. It's a true four season hammock. I also like the fact that it unzips on both sides.

The only real con is it's weight. It's the reason I primarily use it when the temperatures drop or real rainy weather is predicted. Many have said the weathershield will raise the inside temp at least ten degrees. Personally I think it has a greater effect than that, especially when it's windy.

When temps are more moderate (most of the time) I use a Switchback or some other hammock without the weathershield etc because they are lighter. The Clark is a great hammock if you are only going to have one.

Oh yeah....the pockets are great for storage and provide some extra heat retention.

Miguel

Hammock
    WL lite owl
    Tarp
    camo BMJ
    Insulation
    Phoenix & Burrow
    Suspension
    whoopies
    I've had my NX-150 for a little over a year now and the only cons are the weight and its a little too warm above 80°F. The thicker material doesn't breath as well as thinner hammocks.

The thicker material is great in cool or cold weather, stops wind from robbing generated warmth. The weather shield is great, and as mentioned above I like being able to enter/exit from both sides. Spreader bars although a little cumbersome but work real well at keeping the squeeze down to a minimum.

The only modification I've done to mine is to change the stock suspension to whoopies.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250 Camo
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Camo
    some really fantastic reviews learning a lot thanks guys

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    I admit that every pic of a Clark NX, without a tarp overhead, brings a land-schooner to mind, a covered wagon of the woods and plain. A complete ark, a caravan.

And that image evokes a smile.

My enthusiasm for the weathershields is in previous posts here. Be aware that the shield for the NX models is implemented as a shield to the bug net. It is an independent shield on other models. That's a fine point, but surprised me without, finally, disappointing me.

My mods specific to Clarks? Some light elastic cords to pull the hoods and bug net back, gently toward the ends.

Cavils? The pockets on the NX-250 should have flaps over them, as on the Tropical model. Strong, fine mesh bug netting reduces more air flow than I'd always like; but I doubt there's better and better engineered for keeping out midges.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250 Camo
    Tarp
    Vertex
    Insulation
    PLUQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    My NX-250 just arrived yesterday and I haven't been able to hang it yet. Maybe tonight!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast