Simply Light Design
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    LeighLo Down UQ
    Suspension
    Back to Whoopies!

WB Traveler vs. Tree2Tree Switchback

How would the WB Traveler compair with Swtichback netless? Are they the same size? Are the ends "whipped" the same? I'd be glad to hear from someone that has both.

You should add the wilderness logics Night Owl to that list.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Insulation
    Down
    Images
    I have a 1.7 SL Traveler and a 1.9 SL Switchback. I like both of them a lot, but I like the Switchback better. It has more of a cocoonish feel to it than the Traveler. I feel like it holds my head and feet "in" better. My feet seem to scoot off the edge of the Traveler and that doesn't happen in the SB. My head is happier leaning against the slight catch of the SB.

That said, IMO the purchase price of the netless SB is outrageously high for what you get compared to a Traveler. It is a rectangular piece of fabric with channel ends (not whipped) and hems sewn on the side. It has four D-rings in the same spots as a normal netted Switchback, but they seem to have very little function without a net to pull out of the way. The pockets on the SB (also the same as the netted version, absent on the Traveler) are nice. The SB is no longer shipped by default with any suspension whereas you have your choice with the Traveler. So with a Warbonnet you get a finished product that's ready to go as soon as you tear your shipping box apart, and with a Switchback you have some assembly required. Hopefully you'll already have some rope or slings that you can use.

Some folks here say that the comfort level of the SB is improved when it's much more tightly strung up, but I haven't found that to be true. For me it seems that there is a diminishing return; that is the hammock starts to curl around me like an aggressive taco shell and it just seems weird. As long as it's not too tight though, it feels great! I wish I was asleep in it now.
    My Flickr photos Outdoors collection

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WB, ZPacks
    Insulation
    Incubators/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoppie/Strap
    Images
    I found myself in the same position not too long ago and made the choice to go with a traveler. That said I have not tried the SB netless but I do Have a light hiker and like it. Don't use it any more because I prefer netless more of the time and less weight to carry.

I did not buy the SB netless because it did not seem like it was worth two X the cost. If I find a used one someday I may try it but for now I really like the traveler.

~S~

Hammock
    WL Light Owl/Dangerbird
    Tarp
    WBBMJ Spinn+doors
    Insulation
    HammockGear Down!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I just got a Light Owl and have a 1.9 SL netless SB. I'll hang the Light Owl tomorrow and report back. Never been in a traveller but have a BB. Heard they were similar.

(Marty - if you see this, the kids his the package from me. No worries.)
    "One of the best things you can do in this world is take a nap in the woods." ~ Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry

"While it may be a lot of work, the view is best from the summit." ~ an anonymous staff member of Philmont Scout Ranch

Enjoy the day
    Shane

Hammock
    WL Light Owl/Dangerbird
    Tarp
    WBBMJ Spinn+doors
    Insulation
    HammockGear Down!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Here is my post on the Wilderness Logics Light Owl with some comparisons to the 1.9SL netless Switchback.

Here is my original post on the TtTTG 1.9SL netless Switchback.

Switchback:

Light Owl:
    "One of the best things you can do in this world is take a nap in the woods." ~ Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry

"While it may be a lot of work, the view is best from the summit." ~ an anonymous staff member of Philmont Scout Ranch

Enjoy the day
    Shane

• + New Posts