Hammock
    HH Custom & WBBB
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logic
    Suspension
    Web Suspension

Now that's customer Service!

I had posted in another forum section that I was super excited I had ordered the first ever, full length under quilt from Wilderness Logics (review coming soon), and King sized top quilt combo pack. The under quilt is sweet! It’s raining like stink here or I would already have pics up. I plan to hang this weekend regardless of the weather, so hopefully I can post up info on the UQ soon after. While the top quilt was well made, I didn’t fit into the lower section. As a very large guy, the open end was nice, but the tapered end was too narrow for my build. I’m too big for even the King Size (I need to hit the trail more!).
    I contacted Marty with Wilderness Logics via email and described my concerns yesterday. He requested I send him the specs I thought I needed and return the TQ. So I made a drawing on the PC of the King sized top quilt last night, and a side by side of the quilt I needed with measurements (Sizes are of the quilt laid flat and measured across and from the bottom.
    This morning I noticed I had a missed call and message from North Carolina, it was Marty. Now, I had just sent the package back this morning, but before he even got the return, he started working on the size changes I needed. When I called him, he told me he had already stitched up a trial liner to send me; something I could try out, slide in to, and see if that would work for me. He mailed the mock up today! He said once I try out the liner, and make sure all is good, he will make me the quilt!
    I mentioned a few forum members following the threads had sent me messages about the bigger sizing concerns, and he said they are considering making an XXL King version for the site. Below is the measurement I could take from the King sized quilt from WL, & to the right is the measurement I thought I may need. Marty worked with the diagram and added a few things I didn’t think about.
    Now that’s customer service friends! And for us bigger folks, comfortable hanging may have just got a bit easier! Once I get the new TQ in, I will post how it turned out, and take a bunch of measurements and list them here.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Definitely in for details!!! I usually get claustrophobic in a mummy type sleeping bag, or even a regular bag depending on how tired I am. I find the standard King Size TQ to be quite roomy, but would very much enjoy something with even more room to squirm.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night/Lite Owls
    Tarp
    WL-TP/OMW/BF
    Insulation
    WL-TQ/UQ x3
    Suspension
    Dutch-n-Whopies
    Images
    Marty is The Man and Wilderness Logics Rocks.
    i love my synth. King Sized TQ. Opie named it Barney and it stuck. i'm thinking of naming my UQ Thelma Lou.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    WL is definitely the way to go! Great service and great products!

Hammock
    HH Custom & WBBB
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logic
    Suspension
    Web Suspension
    This is the test cut Marty sent to the house for me to try out. Measurements are very close to requested. Especially since the fabric must be cut and stitched a certain way in order for the quilt to retain its shape. The biggest difference was the foot box area and the shoulders. Plenty of room for moving my feet, and I could get the quilt around my shoulders with ease! No more feeling cramped. I will post pics when the finished top quilt makes it in. Hopefully Marty will have the XXL quilt on his sight for sale soon. The big guys, wigglers, and folks that like a bit of space over mummy style bags would finally have some options! I can't say enough about the customer service at WL.

Hammock
    HH Custom & WBBB
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logic
    Suspension
    Web Suspension
    Finally got my new "XXL" top quilt in! Love it! I wanted to do a comparison to the king sized WL TQ, so I took some pics and posted a thread in the top quilt section. Us bigger fellas finally have another option!!! Thanks Marty!

• + New Posts