WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    In my living room at home,,inside,,I move the hammock with the whoopie sling at the foot of my Warbonnet Traveler shorter than my head end of the hammock by about 2-3 ft..and sleep like a baby,,even with the foot end raised about 6-8 higher than the head as it gives my wife room to go into the kitchen or bathroom without disturbing me and having to move any of the furniture. Works for me,,but outdoors, I even the ends up and raise the foot end 6-8 inches and have not noticed any real difference in the lay. Maybe its cause,,when I lay down in a hammock..I just pass out and go to the deepest sleep ever,,,and you can set a bomb off next to me and I wouldn't wake,,lmao..

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    I believe I too have tried all of these ideas too. What I do is to roll and flop around inside my hammock until I feel comfortable. There has been a few times where I did have "that ridge line" running under my legs. I've either turned a bit so that I'm more on a diaganal or I get up and re-adjust my hammock ropes. If I adjust the ropes it's usually to loosen the head end and tighten the foot end. Sometimes I've had to use a stick to lift the straps higher up on the tree (I'm only 5'). A couple of time, things have worked out that I had to bring the straps lower on the tree. I have no clue why as this seemed to be backwards of aiming for the 30 degree angle. But for those trees, that was what worked.

Just keep trying different positions of your hammock and try out all the suggestions that other's are posting.

TinaLouise

Hammock
    Dutchware 11ft
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Another thing to play with: when you sit down in your BB, get a little closer to the shelf side than you have been doing. Not all the way over to the shelf of course, but further than naturally seems to happen if you just sit down with the zipper at mid thigh or knee level and no fabric folds under you. Just have your butt somewhat closer to the "wall/shelf" and see how that works.
    I like this idea. It spreads out the fabric under your torso somehow and seems to reduce the ridge.

Hammock
    WL lite owl
    Tarp
    camo BMJ
    Insulation
    Phoenix & Burrow
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Well I've been playing with the BB since I got off work and I just about fell asleep on the last test.

Moving the foot end closer to its tree helped alot . I noticed last night even with the foot end higher I still worked my way deeper into the footbox till I could just barely touch the gathered end at my head. The foot end is still about 8" above the head end so no change there but it works better. Thanks Law Dawg.

Ridgeline adjustment made a huge difference. I've been playing with different lengths and had shortened my ridgeline to 96". Should have been using a tape measure to check where I was at. Moving my ridgeline to 98 1/2" removed that tension going across my shoulder blade and neck. Good call OutandBack.

Gonna be in the backyard again tonight, should be alot calmer weather. Last night brought high winds and thunderstorms. I love hanging under a tarp during a storm, not so much running through it to the house

Hammock
    WL lite owl
    Tarp
    camo BMJ
    Insulation
    Phoenix & Burrow
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm happy to report a full nights sleep in the BB. Too much sag was the biggest problem I think. Once I stretched it out a little I had a nice flat lay.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Speers Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Therm4 / Montbell
    Images
    I'm 5'-11" and I normally use 15' trees and stretch as high as I can for straps then lower the head end a little and works for me. You have to find that sweet spot when you get in the hammock.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12