Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    I will be another to sing the Praises of Hammockgear. For months I have been using a down UQ and ir was just not right for my size when I laid on the diagonal, whether it be my BB or DIY GEH. It is not the fault of the manufacturer by know means that is why they shall remain nameless and blameless. The quilt was just to narrow for me to use, I either had a cold shoulder or knee which was driving me nuts. I searched all of the sites over many hours and days and settled on a 20* Incubator. I contacted Adam on the phone, great guy to talk to by the way, and we discussed my body size to quilt size ratio!!!!!! After several minutes of checking notes and comparing figures it was determined that I would need a quilt that is 4" wider than the stock Incubator. With that Adam said: "give me some time to work the numbers and I will get back to you with a price for the mods." Well after nervously waiting two days I get a phone call as I am leaving work. Adam informs me of the price and that it is a doable mod-option to the quilt. Send me a bill was all I could say and withing 3 hrs I had an e-invoice. Next morning, Oct. 5, I promptly sent my payment and anxiously awaited news of the shipping of my UQ. On monday Oct 18 I sent an e-mail to Adam asking for a estimate on the shipping date as we have the Heart of Dixie hang planned this weekend and temps are supposed to drop into the mid 30's. This did not get answered, so Wednesday I send another e-mail and continue to wait. Yesterday, as I am laying on the couch recovering from a light case of food poisioning the mailman arrives. Mandy goes outside to get the mail and comes in with a broadface grin holding this small box. I have to admit my heart skipped a beat and I forgot all about my torn up insides!!!!!!! You can guess my desperation as I see a look of dread cross Mandy's face when she finds a hole in the shipping box!!!!!! With shaky hands I carefully open the hole and look inside expecting to find down feathers.........but there is no damage at all to the UQ. I grab the hammock out of the already packed for the weekend pack and head to the yard for a brief testing session. Well not so brief, I woke up from a 2 hr nap in wonderful warmth. It turns out that this quilt is everything that folks let on about, great construction and absolutely warm as can be. I see now why I got no responses to my shipping date questions, it was already on the way to me.

Adam, thank you for a wonderful product and taking the time to discuss options for a big fellas UQ. I will gladly sing your praises and will let you know how the quilt works out after this weekend testing session.
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    P.S. I just added the word "Fronkey" to my Firefox browser spell checker dictionary so it would stop putting that little red squiggle line under it...lol.
    Now that is what I call dedication to one's customers.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbamaguy View Post
    ...It turns out that this quilt is everything that folks let on about, great construction and absolutely warm as can be.
    Yeah, I love my 3 Season Incubator. It has kept me warm down to 21°. I am confident you will like it as much the rest of us do. Have fun with the test this weekend.
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I hope to get up to another northern hang again soon!
    I'm really trying to make it to next May's gorge rat gathering. So, I really hope to meet you there.
    P.S. I just added the word "Fronkey" to my Firefox browser spell checker dictionary so it would stop putting that little red squiggle line under it...lol.
    Haha Those red squiggles are annoying!

fronkey

Hammock
    Hennessy Deep Jungle
    Tarp
    HG Cuben fiber
    Insulation
    HG 20* Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Thanks everyone for all your comments and a special thanks to Fronkey for posting the video he shot to help illustrate my gratitude to Adam & Jenny for such quality products and extra special customer service. In this case I truly believe you get more then you pay for. Thanks Adam & Jenny.

Hammock
    Darien UL, Ridgerunner, DIY
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ,TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Quote Originally Posted by bluejeans View Post
    HF folks I just returned from the Northern Hang on the SHT and had ordered both a cuben tarp and a Phoenix UQ from HammockGear for this trip and I wanted to share some OUTSTANDING Customer service news. First Jenny promptly answer numerous questions I had and was extremely helpful as well as prompt. Due to the large volume of orders Stormcrow had some difficulties getting my order delivered in time. So he personally drove my order 3 hours and delivered at 10pm just so I would have it for my trip. WOW!!!! In this day of mega companies sending jobs and labor overseas it is just so amazing when customer service like this takes place. The tarp performed flawlessly even with over 36 hours of constant winds and wind gusts over 35mph, per NWS reports. The tarp withstood 3 nights of constant beating and looks brand new with no signs of any damage. The quilt kept me warm despite the windchill and temps down to 31 sets. Big thank you Storm Crow
    and its a cool green color!
    "nature speaks in the silence between words"
    www.mustexplore.blogspot.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123