WBBB 1.1 single, 2QZQ HH, GTUL
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Yeti / Black Mamba
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Single Tree Hang On the Kern River

Went to the Kern river for my birthday weekend. I met up with a bunch of ground dwellers and had to show them what's up. So even though there was only one hangable tree in the two reserved campsites, I made it work, and stayed afloat'n above the hard ground. I even made it so my friend could get his car passed to go to the nearby store in the middle of nowhere. (Mcnally's, Home of the 40oz Porterhouse). It worked really well. My dog slept in the car on a thumarest and a sleeping bag in the back seat, as it was quite cold. With my hammock attached to the car, the car made a great dog kennel while hammock camping. It also provided some nice car suspension for my hammock suspension.

My Snowpeak 700 on a mini atomic, using L.A. thomas guide pages as fire starter for the fire ring in the campsite (thats how often I go down into the city).

This was the setup for night two, less flappy, with the doors much tighter. Made a big difference. I was warm the first night, but I was toasty the second night.

This bridge is rad. It would shake and sway as you walked across it.

Thats my dog Lula, she had a blast.

This is a natural spring. The water was much warmer than the river water, sort of a tap water temperature.

The Upper Kern River of the Sequoia national forest in the High Sierras of California on planet earth of the Sun's solar system in the Milkey way galaxy of the universe in which we live. And pluto is sadly, no longer a planet.

The moon rising over the top of a mountain in the Upper Kern river of the High Sierra mountain range of the state of California in the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands that governments should be afraid of their people not the other way around.

Driving back down the Kern River Valley.

Overall, it was a total success. although I didn't take any pictures of people, they were there, and none of them were harmed during the making of this trip report. Thank you for reading this far, you must be a HF junky if you are still reading this, because I am just rambling about HF stuff. My Black Mamba(as always) performed beautifully with warm bathtublike results, and my 3 season yeti seems to kill the 3rd season with the grace of a cunning warrior. The best part: hanging by the river and listening to the relaxing roar and sleeping.
    Because you fall through the clouds if you try to lay on them, so the next best thing is a hammock.

Banned
    Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Camo Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY Thinsulate UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Looks like a good trip and nice use of your car for the hang.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic View Post
    This bridge is rad. It would shake and sway as you walked across it.
    Back in the day (the 50s) that bridge used to have no wire sides and Johnny Mc Nally's daughter would ride across it on her horse while doing handstands. No exageration.

Next time you come to the backyard please give a shout...I'll show you a spot in the high country that makes Fairview Campground look like the pig sty it is.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 single, 2QZQ HH, GTUL
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Yeti / Black Mamba
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg (ret) View Post
    Next time you come to the backyard please give a shout...I'll show you a spot in the high country that makes Fairview Campground look like the pig sty it is.
    I will take you up on that, I am sure I will be up there again soon.
    Because you fall through the clouds if you try to lay on them, so the next best thing is a hammock.

• + New Posts