Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.0!
    Tarp
    Superfly!
    Images

New River with BB (Questions + Observations)

Eh guys, just got back from a few days up in Algonquin Park with my new New River!

Night time temps were dropping down to 0 with some precipitation so it was a great chance to test it.

Took me about 10 minutes to tweak it. Basically had to cinch both the head and foot ends to the point where the cord lock was starting to slip (had the ends attached to where the webbing meets the hammock, don't know if that's what everyone else does?). A simple half-hitch stopped that slipping, though. Once that was set the NR was awesome, had no cold spots and the hammock stayed - even with the BB footbox - well covered and within the NR. What do you guys do with the 3 side tie outs? Where would you run a line to in order to ensure the NR doesn't slip/slide around?

Takes a few minutes to get the long version into the stuff sack, think I might find something a little bigger/easier to manage...

Other than that, awesome product, well worth the money!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Straps w/Cinch bkl
    Images
    Will be using my New River this weekend on my BB with a set of Triangle Thingy's for the first time. Gonna see how that works out. The quilt has been great for me, hope the new method of attachment makes it even better.
    "I will study and get ready, and perhaps my chance will come." - Abraham Lincoln

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    Like both of you I have the New River UQ. I have used it on my BB with great success both with the stock suspension and the triangle thingy's. I use a section of shock cord through the loops of grossgrain on the sides of the UQ to keep the quilt from forming gaps when I sleep with one leg bent under the other in the footbox. When I clip the TT's to the end of the UQ I will run the section of shock cord from mini beiner to mini beiner. The has worked with every hammock I own from the CJH NX-200, WBBB DL 1.7, the ENO DN or the DIY's that I have. I found in the DIY's that have no bugnets, I will keep my TQ from slipping out because I can loop the shock cord over my toes in the TQ.

Hearn, I got a wonderful woman now and she made us both some Bishop bags that were big enough to hold both the hammock and UQ together. Really helps with packing up in the morning.
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB SF
    Insulation
    inner fortitude
    Suspension
    cinch & straps
    I have the NR as well , I find that shockcord ran through the sides works well for me as well.

• + New Posts