WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Very cool... Send us some pics when it's done!
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

Hammock
    Hennessy Hammock Ultralite Asym
    Tarp
    HH original
    Insulation
    DIY quilt
    Suspension
    DIY slings, cara..
    Quote Originally Posted by VanCampa View Post
    Thanks for the metric measurements, coming from Finland I am illiterate on imperial measurements

I had my old HH rigged diagonally as I did a bit of a remodelling of my furniture. So I took the platform bed out and now have more of an usual sofa which turns into a bed.
    I did some damage to the HH so I can not use it anyway and need to get that repaired for outdoor use only. I ripped open the velcro at the center seam but not too badly so it can be repaired.

I got myself a nylon car cover from recycling center. If was pretty much unused and has enough fabric to make an indoor hammock. Blue in colour so it is not camo but does not need to be.
    I just need to visit my friend as she is into her fashion and has a sewing machine.

In the mean time I am waiting for the weather to warm up so I can sleep outdoors. I would be OK until 3 am when it gets colder on HH and DIY underquilt.

I read the DIY guide for HH style hammock so that would be good guide.
    I am sorted now :-)
    I consulted my friend who is a professional needle injector technician, lol.
    She has was not keen on making a hammock out of the nylon I provided as it was not ripstop.
    Instead we used the fabric to extend my DIY underquilt which my sister made in Finland for my Hennessyhammock. Now it is wide enough and was warm as last night here in NZ.
    I should make an Insructable on the underquilt.

Having trouble posting pix to this site. My android pad is playing up or is it because I am a newbie?
    Somebody asked about my weight. I am happy to tell that I am just under 80 kg so the hammock should not pull the sidewalls together. I have a support beam across on the front just behind the "cockpit". This would keep the door from caving in. On the back the hammock is hooked on the hole inside the panel next to the door pillar.
    Last edited by VanCampa; 12-13-2011 at 07:01. Reason: Having trouble doing a new post with my Android Pad

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MrClean417 View Post
    Impossible to hang with 3500 mm however if you had 11.5 foot well.......

What they said.

FYI: 3500mm IS 11.5 feet.
    Mr clean was being,,,,, silly.

I've seen the inside of that van, it's prolly long enough. Remember to make double sure whatever you use to tie to is sturdy enough. There is a lot of force on the support, more than you would expect.

I too would like to see pics. Wish I could work out how to hang inside my Jeep, but I only got about 7 feet at max spread. I Can get my 8.5 foot long Halberd in, but just barely, but it's only 2" wide. I think that if I could remove or move the front passenger seat,,,,,,,,,,,

Sorry about the above non metric measurements, working out that 3500 mm is 11.5 feet taxed my brain.
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

Hammock
    Hennessy Hammock Ultralite Asym
    Tarp
    HH original
    Insulation
    DIY quilt
    Suspension
    DIY slings, cara..
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctari View Post

FYI: 3500mm IS 11.5 feet.
    Mr clean was being,,,,, silly.

I've seen the inside of that van, it's prolly long enough. Remember to make double sure whatever you use to tie to is sturdy enough. There is a lot of force on the support, more than you would expect.

I too would like to see pics. Wish I could work out how to hang inside my Jeep, but I only got about 7 feet at max spread. I Can get my 8.5 foot long Halberd in, but just barely, but it's only 2" wide. I think that if I could remove or move the front passenger seat,,,,,,,,,,,

Sorry about the above non metric measurements, working out that 3500 mm is 11.5 feet taxed my brain.
    I will not allow anybody over 100 kg on it inside my van.
    I have been wondering about you Americans still using Imperial measurements?? Me coming from Finland I was always using metric but my parents sometimes talked about peninkulma. Peninkulma is the distance of a Peni ( a dog) needing to stop for a pee. About 10 kilometres that is.

Hammock
    not quite eno..
    Tarp
    10x12 DIY
    Insulation
    insultex+momentum
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by VanCampa View Post
    Me coming from Finland I was always using metric but my parents sometimes talked about peninkulma. Peninkulma is the distance of a Peni ( a dog) needing to stop for a pee. About 10 kilometres that is.
    that is very interesting to know, thank you!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12