ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ENO DryFly for now
    Insulation
    Pad and bags
    Suspension
    webbing and biners

Webbing in end channels???????

Ok I'm very familiar with webbing and pretty well versed in knots, however I need advice about setting up my rig with a new setup,

I have an ENO double-nest and I have taken the stock biners off and replaced with lightweight climbing rated biners, what I want to know is can I remove the rope from the end channels and run my webbing through or should I just put a girth hitch in the ends around where the rope bunches up at??????

Should I just forgo all of the above and get some whoppie slings, cause honestly I don't mind futzin round with webbing, and once set you can't adjust without untying the knots.
    You ain't never seen all the shades of green on earth until you been to Mississippi.

Life is what it is, enjoy it while you got it

Hammock
    ENO DN/DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway
    Insulation
    Jarbidge/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I don't know about the webbing, but you could make a pair of continous loops and use that to replace the stock rope. If you put two descender rings on the loop, you can lock your webbing through that. All together it would be much lighter than the stock eno dn setup.

DD hammocks come with webbing though there channels as standard. Does not seem to be a problem. Most folk replace it but thats due to it being poor webbing.

I replaced mine with woopie slings but I did not remove the webbing from the channel just cut it short and tied it in a loop to fit the woopies to. works fine.

Regards

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    If you can get 1" webbing through the channel there would not be an issue. I don't have an EBO so I don't know how big the channel is. The only thing I would caution against is don't usxe anything you would not use for the suspension itself.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by msfirehiker View Post
    Should I just forgo all of the above and get some whoppie slings, cause honestly I don't mind futzin round with webbing, and once set you can't adjust without untying the knots.
    That's what I did with my wife's ENO Double. And you are correct, whoopie slings are amazingly simple to adjust. I've never had a problem with them holding, either, even when I have forgotten (and I have!) to "milk" them.

Rain Man

"You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods

http://www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ENO DryFly for now
    Insulation
    Pad and bags
    Suspension
    webbing and biners
    Thanks I think I'll possibly go with some continuous loops with ring buckles and webbing.
    You ain't never seen all the shades of green on earth until you been to Mississippi.

Life is what it is, enjoy it while you got it

Hammock
    ENO double
    Suspension
    Whoopie&TreeStraps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    That's what I did with my wife's ENO Double. And you are correct, whoopie slings are amazingly simple to adjust. I've never had a problem with them holding, either, even when I have forgotten (and I have!) to "milk" them.

Rain Man

did that on my first hang...did not milk them well. It "slipped", scared me pretty well but they slipped about half a centimeter and caught tight as a tick

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    12'x12'
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Strps cinch buckle
    Msfirehiker, I went with continuous loops, cinch buckles and webbing. I couldn't be happier. I started with rings and found out that they can slip on you, which is no big deal if you remember to throw a slippery hitch behind them. I forgot a few times when I experimenting with my first hammock. I never landed hard, but still ended up on the ground. I didn't want to risk forgetting after a long day hiking because I was tired, so I went with buckles.
    I'm not trying to dissuade you from the rings, just offering one more possibly.

• + New Posts