WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Can't comment on the value difference but I do find my BB more comfortable for a nights sleep than my ENO DN (same as GT double). Don't know if its important to you but i think it's also nice to support a small business and buy a domestically made product.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    1.5oz Ripstop Single Layer DIY
    Tarp
    HMG Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix & Incub
    Suspension
    Strp,Whoop,Biner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Can't comment on the value difference but I do find my BB more comfortable for a nights sleep than my ENO DN (same as GT double). Don't know if its important to you but i think it's also nice to support a small business and buy a domestically made product.
    First off, Grand Trunk is based out of Illinois and isn't a huge corporation. It was started by a couple of normal guys like you and me in 2002. The difference between Grand Trunk and Brandon's Warbonnet brand is it doesn't take Grand Trunk a month to get customers their product.

If you envision Brandon sewing away night and day in his basement caring about every last stitch you are sadly mistaken. According to Brandon himself he doesn't even sew himself. He has a pattern stamped out of sil and sends it off to get sewn by someone else. Nothing against Brandon and his product, just that Grand Trunk has been doing it longer and has their manufacturing process up to speed with their demand. And that is no reason to not 'support' their product.

That aside, the ENO dbl is practically the same as GT dbl, except it is slightly longer, well as I'm sure everyone already knows, adding a ridgeline and changing the length of the ridgeline, even by a couple inches, drastically changes the feel of the hammock. So if you have a ENO dbl and a GT dbl both could feel entirely different even if they have the exact same length ridgeline. Basically I'm saying this isn't something that can really be answered. There are too many variables: height/weight user, ridgeline length, height of strap on tree, distance from tree, what angle your straps are to your hammock, personal preference, etc.
    Nick 'Towellie'
    www.baxpax.org

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Towellie View Post
    First off, Grand Trunk is based out of Illinois and isn't a huge corporation. It was started by a couple of normal guys like you and me in 2002. The difference between Grand Trunk and Brandon's Warbonnet brand is it doesn't take Grand Trunk a month to get customers their product.

If you envision Brandon sewing away night and day in his basement caring about every last stitch you are sadly mistaken. According to Brandon himself he doesn't even sew himself. He has a pattern stamped out of sil and sends it off to get sewn by someone else. Nothing against Brandon and his product, just that Grand Trunk has been doing it longer and has their manufacturing process up to speed with their demand. And that is no reason to not 'support' their product.

I didn't say to not support Grand Trunk. They may be a U.S. based company but the label on my GT hammock says made in China. That is not a deal breaker to me but I think its nice to consider. It does really matter to some people and I was merely pointing out a factor they consider in their purchases and thought I'd mention it if it would be a factor for the OP. I honestly don't know the specifics on how Brandon makes his gear but the same can be said of any product I own, hammock or otherwise. I don't make any assumptions though.
    Last edited by Bubba; 09-27-2011 at 22:03.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12