Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Looks great. I should be getting my SBP tomorrow (first hammock), and am looking for ideas/mods.

Hammock
    Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    I bought the SBP last year, but haven't used it yet. In fact, I just set it up for the first time this past weekend. I agree, the shock cords are a hassel. I'm new to this and I know this is an old thread, but can you let me know how you did the end of the ridgeline that's detachable? Being that the hole through the gross gain isn't much bigger than the ridgeline, how do you have it where the loop will pass through the netting?

Thanks.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Zig, on each end I ran a pigtail far enough into my SB so that I could reach it through my zipper without too much searching, then tied a bowline knot in these loose ends. On my actual ridgeline, I just attached a small carabiner at each end to attach to the bowline knots. Ridgeline is adjustable due to a prusik knot I put in there.

Ridgeline can come out and be used on the other side if I decide to turn my hammock over (net on bottom). In this "reversed" configuration, my ridge line attaches to the same type of bowline setup as before, just on pigtails that I have previously set up on the outside of the netting. (Obviously, the lines running into the nettting are there to stay, & do not come out.)

Again, this is a great mod Grizz came up with.
    Last edited by ganu76; 02-03-2015 at 19:20.

Hammock
    Set things up right quick inside the house to show how *I* did mine. I plan on swapping everything out with brighter amsteel so as to make it stand out better. Just grabbed some cordage at work to test the proof of concept. (Yes, I plan on swapping out my suspension too.)

Photo'd just the head end. Foot end is identical.

Showing the internal pigtail running into my netting, as well as the external pigtail used when reversing the hammock:

Internal pigtail still accessible from zipper area:

Attaching ridgeline to external bowline. (Same as internal, just easier to photo.)

Prusik knot for adjusting:

Last edited by ganu76; 02-03-2015 at 01:08.

Hammock
    Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Thanks! Now it makes a little more sense. Sorry for the late response, I've been trying to get ready for a river trip that we're going on in a couple of weeks and tonight I want to start working on this mod. My wife liked my hammock more then the single Grand Trunk I got her, so now I have two of these mods to do...lol

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon Asym
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    This may be a silly questions but just to clarify, is it ok to flip the hammock over with the bug net underneath to sleep on?

Hammock
    Yep, Todd. They even advertise it as such, which is one of the reasons I went with particular hammock. Lately (since it IS winter & relatively bug free) that is how I've slept in this hammock the past few months.

I just got into hammocks last year thanks to people(from youtube) like shug, cragdwella and syntax77.
    started last year getting the SBP and tried my pad and yeah that didn't work out so to be cheap I gathered the stuff and made a UQ nothing fancy and horribly ugly sewing but it worked for summer here in northern maine.
    Recently I ordered a KAQ from arrowhead and waiting for the top quilt and UQ to arrive.
    I am going to do this mod partly for the convenience and also so I can get it to set up consistently.
    thanks for the info

Hammock
    clark tx 270
    Tarp
    hennessy hex 10x12
    Insulation
    E E enigma 20
    Suspension
    cinch buckle
    I sewed another loop between the existing loops, wich put the new ones in the center. I take a little piece of the shock cord tie the three loops together and attach to my ridgeline, keeps sagging center net out of way and i don't have to use alot of line to hold netting up. Hope that makes sense, simple fix works well.

Hammock
    I like it, Karbo. May have to do that as well.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast