ENO Profly
    Insulation
    WM down bag, foam
    Suspension
    Dutchware, Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Great Vid. I didn't know you had such good tastes in music
    Thanks Dutch, gotta love that bluegrass music! I spent all day Saturday listening to the bands at the festival. They were pretty good!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ldcakes View Post
    Hey Yeah! I had noticed him sleeping on the ground and when you told the story and that his name was Blackfoot I immediately thought of "Blacktop"! Glad it stuck!

Was that an Osprey Hornet of Blacktop's? I have the 46 and find it very comfortable to carry. I also have an Exose 46 and I think I like my Hornet better!

That was a fun video to watch! And I'm happy to hear that Blacktop has raised his perspective. He may earn another name now!
    I beleive it is a Hornet. He absolutly loves it. Even manages to fit everything for a week at a time in it. How many days of stuff are you able to get into yours? I've been thinking of going with a lighter pack myself. Those Hornets are half the weight of my Kestral and still quite roomy by UL standards. Why do you like the Hornet better than the Exos?
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    Are you talking about flyers handed out by park employees at the festival? I think I missed that.

Good to meet both you guys, Greg & BlackTop, & I'm glad to hear BlackTop has found his way into a hammock.

Good video too. I've put away about half of one of the jars of apple butter you showed them selling. Good stuff!

I see you went through "Fat Man's Squeeze" on the AT. And for those of you that have seen Thomas Knob Shelter, did they put new siding on it?

You should hike those trails in late July and August. Those blue berry bushes are loaded with all the BBs you want to eat
    Thanks for the tip about the BB's Slowhike! They did indeed put brand new siding on Thomas Knob shelter. It's probably one of the nicer shelters on the whole AT. It seems the clubs in this area really take a great deal of pride in their work!

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    WM down bag, foam
    Suspension
    Dutchware, Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DraicKin View Post
    I finally posted my pics.

They can be seen here http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1748836&type=3
    Cool beans! I sent you a friend request on facebook.

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GregScuba View Post
    Thanks Dutch, gotta love that bluegrass music! I spent all day Saturday listening to the bands at the festival. They were pretty good!!!

How many days of stuff are you able to get into yours? I've been thinking of going with a lighter pack myself. Those Hornets are half the weight of my Kestral and still quite roomy by UL standards. Why do you like the Hornet better than the Exos?
    So far I have only put 4 days at a time in the Hornet but there is room left so I can get more. That was my summer set-up and will be testing it with my winter weight/bulk soon. I'm slowly gathering more winter ultralight gear so it will probably be about the same eventually.
    Humm, Why I like it better than the Exos? The ridged frame on the Exos bugs me and it doesn't conform as well to my back & shoulders as the Hornet. I have a very short torso and I'm small. I am always challenged to find the right pack that fits, so if you have a long torso it may not suit you. So far the Hornet is my Go-To and I didn't even try it on before I acquired it. It was gifted to me by a friend and he had added some closed cell foam from a blue pad into the hip pockets for more cushioning. It takes up the extra room in them but helps with the comfort.
    Hope to see you at the Florida hang in Jan.
    Cakes
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    WM down bag, foam
    Suspension
    Dutchware, Whoopie
    Images
    Thanks ldcakes! I can make it out to the Florida hang Friday and Saturday, but have to leave Saturday evening. I have a business conference to go to on Sunday morning (I know, Sunday, right!?).

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011