Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7
    Suspension
    Warbonnet straps

Let this be a lesson to you

I have my Hennessy tied up at a permanent duty location in the woods which start on the other side of my driveway. I sleep there a couple of times a week. Last night I wasn't in my hammock. The following is the full text of an email I sent my daughter early this AM which thoroughly freaked her out.

I was in thins big container like a big jobsite dumpster and there was this guy with a big sword who had been hacking up everything. He had me up against the side and the sword was coming down and I made this huge athletic spinning leap which spun me out of the container, but then I came down and hit the ground really hard. I came down right on my back and my head and skinned up my foot where I hit myself on the partially open drawer of my dresser. Scared Mom to death but I got away. She got me some acetomenophen but I think I am going to have a headache. It was a long way to the ground and I didn't just bounce back up and bound away like in the movies.

What happened was, I had a nightmare, jumped up, fell out of bed and smacked my head really hard on an oak floor. Then I wrote the email about 10 minutes later and freaked her out. It is now 3 pm, my head still hurts, my back still hurts and my eyeballs don't feel like they have settled back into the right place. I am going to take some more acetomenophen.

Let this be a lesson to you. That wouldn't have happened if I had been zipped up in my $120 Hennessy last night instead of sleeping on my wife's new $800 mattress. Come to think about it, I don't ever recall having a bad dream in my hammock.
    "To turn from this increasingly artificial and strangely alien world is to escape from unreality. To return to the timeless world of the mountains, the sea, the forest and the stars is to return to sanity and truth." --Robert Burnham Jr.

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    yeah, but you get the company of your wife. ;-)

Hammock
    Jacks-R-better bridge
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear
    Insulation
    JRB Top & Bottom
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    In some cases, that may not be such a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by rbinhood View Post
    In some cases, that may not be such a good deal.
    Yea you haven't heard my wife snore!

Hammock
    Clark NX-250,Original Hennessy,WBBB
    Tarp
    HammockGear Cuben
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverpirate View Post
    Yea you haven't heard my wife snore!
    Ouch! If she reads this, you're going to be spending a LOT more time in the Hennessy!

Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakfoot View Post
    Come to think about it, I don't ever recall having a bad dream in my hammock.
    I certainly have. Last week to be exact. I was dreaming that I was spending a day with, for some reason, Paris Hilton. But, she was nothing like we see on tv. I didn't hear her utter one of her catch phrases, she never 'struck a pose' she was a right, decent and enjoyable person. We were at some carnival type place where like down in Silver Dollar City they were frying up big batches of Succotash and Stew and we at down home cooking and enjoyed the sites. Later, things progressed like you'd hope they would with a beautiful woman with matching interests and as we sat on a bench enjoying the sights of nature at sunset, I woke up.

Weird dream, bad I woke up. The sides on my DIY are a little tight, it's hard to overcome them to get out. There won't be any accidental falling out of that hammock either.

• + New Posts