Quote Originally Posted by richtorfla View Post
Awesome write-up. You make my knees hurt! This old man would have been winded after 5 miles. Cool your boss gives you the pleasure of crashing at his beach house once in a while. Nothing more soothing like hearing the waves crash on the beach.
Well, I made my knees hurt, too, so don't feel too bad.

My boss is definitely the best business owner that I've had the pleasure of working for. That beach house is just amazing. I had no problems falling asleep Sunday night whatsoever, let me tell you. Staying asleep, now, well...I should've brought the durned tarp. Meh.

Still, it was a wonderful weekend. Thanks for the kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by DiezelDorf View Post
Yep, I went to school in Gainesville and ive been to wards a good many times. Love all of the stuff there, but you are right their beer is the best. Beers ive never seen before until then. My family also lives in St augustine beach. We have a house on 7th street, which is a little south of the pier and north of publix, the sunshine shop, and fiesta falls (the putt-putt place). When i saw the title I had to see if anything was familar and it all was! I miss north fla
Yeah, Ward's really is a gem of a place. As is St. Augustine. There're parts of north Florida that are, well...less than desirable for me to live, but Gainesville and St. Augustine certainly don't fall under that category.

Your family's place is almost next-door to my boss's place. Small world, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by scooterdogma View Post
My sister used to live near St. Augustine, great place to ride a bike in the winter I've enjoyed your bike-packing stories, as we have just bought bikes to start camping in the woods. Keep'em coming.
Great place to bike just about any time of year that's not August. You just have to get going early, is all; beat the heat!

Thanks for the kind words, and I hope the bike-packing goes well for you! I'll be glad to talk about it with you, but most of my bike trips are like car camping with a bike replacing the car. If that helps you at all, feel free to ask me any questions you have.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
Great write-up! Bac when I was in college at UF we used to make that drive over to Crescent Beach, just south of St. Augustine, every weekend during summer. We would bring our scholl books and camp out on the beach. There was nothing there but a tiny outdoor resturant back in the early 70's. Good memories!
It's a little more built-up these days. The Baby Boomer migration to Florida has hit even the northern coast now. Still a very pretty place, though, and no where near as crowded as the greater West Palm area, for certain.

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
I lived in St. Auggy for a 1 1/2 years. It's such a great place, but you're right about the tourists being a little much. You can't beat that view you had from your hammock in the morning. Glad you had fun.

Fronkey
It's certainly a gem. Not without its drawbacks, but still a gem. I almost miss living in a beach town. Now, if I could find one without summer or winter tourists...

Thanks for the kind words, man.